Landed Estates
NUI Galway
Reference Source

WILSON, William. ''The Post-Chaise Companion or Travellers Directory Through Ireland''. The author: Dublin, 1786

Source Details

Category Contemporary printed sources

Estate Records Citing this Source

Found 614 estate records citing this source.

Reference Estate Name Estate Description
368, 371 (Brookhill) Lowe (Lowesgreen) In 1702 David Lowe of Knockelly, county Tipperary, bought part of the estate of Sir John Everard, at...
159 (Oakhmpton, Phelps) Phillips (Gaile House) This family were granted lands at Foyle, county Kilkenny, under the Acts of Settlement. By the earl...
159 {Golden Grove) Vaughan (Golden Grove) The Vaughans of Golden Grove or Knocknamase, county Offaly, were of Welsh origin and settled in King...
159 (Grenanstown) Dalton (Grenanstown) In 1666 Peter Dalton, gentleman, was granted 2,476 acres in the barony of Upper Ormond, county Tipp...
159 (Millbrook) Hawkshaw/Hawkeshaw The Hawkshaws held land from the Cole Bowens in the parish of Ballymackey, barony of Upper Ormond, c...
171 (Doon), 173 (Doonass) Massy (Doonass) The Reverend Charles Massy, Dean of Limerick, was a younger brother of Hugh, Baron Massy. He marrie...
93 (Skreeny) Cullen The Cullen family had held land in Leitrim, particularly in the Manorhamilton and Kinlough areas, si...
93 (Lurganboy Lodge, Hazelwood) Wynne The Wynne family established themselves in Sligo in the later 17th century. They went on to become o...
93 (Belvoir) Ormsby Gore LordHarlech's estate held land in the baronies of Leyny, Tireragh and Tirerrill in county Sligo as w...
103 (Oghry) Nesbitt/Nisbett The main Nisbett estate was centred around Derrycarne Demesne near Dromod. They had originally lived...
103 (Headfort) Jones (Leitrim) Catherine Penelope Jones was a lessor of land in several townlands in Drumreilly parish as well as e...
103 (Charlestown) King (Drumsna) The King family descend from the Reverend Edward King, Bishop of Elphin (1611-1639) who was granted...
103 (Hughestown) Mulloy In the later nineteenth century the Mulloy estate was centred on the demesne of Hughestown, county R...
103 (Kingston-Hall), 210 (Mitchel's-town), 233 (Kilshenan), 423 (Boyle [King House]) King (Kingston/Lorton) The King estate was one of the largest in Connacht including lands in Leitrim, Mayo and Sligo as wel...
104 (Hollybrook) Phibbs (Tirerrill) The Phibbs family owned several estates in the barony of Tirerril including that at Corradoo East....
105 (Branchfield) Duke The Duke family were granted lands in Sligo in the mid 17th century through the patronage of Richard...
105 (Tansy-fort) Cooper The estate at Coopershill was founded by the Cooper family. In the mid 19th century Charles King O'H...
105 (Mercrea[Markree]) Cooper (Markree) Edward Cooper was a soldier in Richard Coote [Lord Collooney]'s, regiment of horse. He is known in...
105 (Cloverhill) Chambers The Chambers family came to Kilmacowen in the 18th century when they took over the former Smith esta...
105 & 395(Cuming) Ormsby (Cummeen) Thomas Ormsby acquired land in Sligo in the mid-17th century and the family expanded to hold propert...
107 (Mountdillon) Dillon (Mount Dillon) John Dillon was transplanted from county Westmeath to county Roscommon in the 17th century. His des...
107 (Strokestown) Mahon/Pakenham-Mahon In February 1666 Captain Nicholas Mahon was granted over 2,700 acres in the barony of Roscommon and...
108 & 421 (Foxborough), 421 (Tunyquin) French (Cloonyquin) ''Burke's Irish Family Records'' states that Arthur French of Tyrone bought Cloonyquin from the Righ...
108 (Mantua,[Underwood]), 421 (Mantua) Grace The Mantua estate in county Roscommon came into Grace ownership in the 18th century through the marr...
108 (Belanagar), 115 (Clonalis) O'Conor Don The O'Conor Don ancestral lands were in County Roscommon centred on Clonalis House near Castlerea....
108 (Cloonshanville) Davis (Frenchpark) William Davis was the lessor of property in the parish of Tibohine, barony of Frenchpark at the time...
108 (French Park & Ratra) French /ffrench (Frenchpark) Patrick French fitzStephen of Galway is recorded as the earliest member of the family to be associat...
108 (Long), 423 (Lough Glin) Dillon (Loughglynn) The Dillon family held a large estate on the border of counties Mayo and Roscommon. They were descen...
108 (Cloonmore) Phillips In 1641 Moyler Reogh McPhilip was the proprietor of Cloonmore in the parish of Kilbeagh, barony of C...
108 (New Park), 135 (Oatfield) Brabazon This family were descended from Sir Anthony Brabazon of Ballinasloe Castle, a younger brother of Sir...
108 (Newcastle) O'Donel (Newcastle) From the mid 18th century a branch of the family of O'Donels of Newport, county Mayo, resided at New...
108 (Moore-field) Moore (Moorbrook) A junior branch of the Moores of Moorehall held an estate in the parish of Toomore, barony of Gallen...
109 (Castle Gore), 123 (Elmhall), 124 (Castlegore), 128 (Creagh) Cuff Sir James Cuff was granted the town and lands of Ballinrobe, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, under...
109 (Rahins [Rahans]) Atkinson (Rahans) According to Burke's ''Landed Gentry'' the Atkinsons were Elizabethean settlers. On 5 July 1742 the...
109 (Keromore [Carrowmore]) Vaughan Of Welsh descent, the Vaughan family had an estate in the parishes of Kilbelfad and Ballynahaglish,...
110 (Moyne) Knox /Blake Knox (Moyne Abbey) The senior branch of the Knox family in county Mayo who were descended from William Knox of Castlere...
110 (Rathrone [Rathowen]) Killala (Church Land) A survey of lands owned by the Bishop of Killala in various baronies in counties Mayo & Sligo , c181...
110 (Castlerea) Knox (Castlereagh) The Knoxes came from county Donegal and settled at Castlereagh in the 17th century. By the early 1...
110 (Summer-hill) Palmer (Summerhill) In 1741 James O'Hara, 2nd Baron Tyrawley, leased an estate in the parish of Templemurry, barony of T...
110 (Palmers Town), 111 & 401 (Castle Lackan), 124 (Farragh), 401 (Carrowmore) Palmer The Palmer family held extensive estates in counties Mayo and Sligo, some of which they were granted...
113 (Croghan) Lloyd (Croghan & Leitrim) The Lloyd estate was centred on Croghan, close to Carrick-on-Shannon but located in county Roscommon...
113 (Cavetown) Mahon (Cavetown) The Mahons of Cavetown, county Roscommon, were descended from Peter Mahon, the fourth son of Nichola...
113 (Beechwood) Hughes (Co Roscommon) The Hughes family appear to have connections with county Sligo and to have been resident at Beechwoo...
113 (Bob's Grove), 418 (Rocksavage [Waldron]) Ormsby (Rocksavage) In the mid 18th century Rocksavage, parish of Athleague, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon, came i...
114 & 126 (Wills Grove) Wills (Castlereagh) In 1703 two brothers, Caspar and James Wills, purchased part of the forfeited estate of King James I...
114 (South Park, [Gisborne, Corr]) Balfe The Balfe family were settled at Heathfield in county Roscommon in the 18th century but had moved to...
114 (Castlerea) Sandford/Wills Sandford The descendants of Captain Theophilus Sandford of Moyglare, county Meath, settled at Castlerea, coun...
114 (Harris-town) Young (Castlerea & Sligo) The Young family held lands in the parish of Drumcliff according to the 1749 Census of Elphin. In 18...
115 (Annagh, Hazel-hill, Holywell) Dillon (Feamore) Gerald Dillon of Feamore, Prime Serjeant and signatory to the Treaty of Limerick 1691, is well docum...
115 (Ballyhowly), 128 (CastleMacGarret) Browne (Castlemagarret) The Brownes of Carrowbrowne, parish of Oranmore, county Galway, had estates in the counties Galway,...
115 (Ballinamore) Ormsby (Ballinamore) The Ballinamore estate, in the parish of Killedan, barony of Gallen, county Mayo, was granted to the...
115 (Moat), 397 (Castle Carra), 398 (Corrindulla) Lynch Blosse A Galway family who lost most of their estates in that county under Cromwell but received extensive...
115 (Browne-Hall) Browne (Brownhall) An estate established in the mid 17th century by royal grants to Edward Browne. This family of Bro...
115 (Breafy) Browne (Breaghwy) A junior branch of the Brownes of the Neale, county Mayo, was located in the parish of Breaghwy in t...
115 (Raheens) Browne (Raheens) A junior branch of the Brownes of the Neale held an estate in the parishes of Aglish and Islandeady,...
115 (Sea-mount, Mel-fort) O'Donel Some of the O'Donnells of Ulster settled in county Mayo in the 17th century, initially in the Ballyc...
119 (Thomastown) Naghten (Thomastown) The Naghtens or O'Naghtens were one of the old Gaelic families who managed to retain some of their f...
119 (Tulleigh) St. George Richard St George, a member of a Cambridgeshire family, came to Ireland in the 17th century and was...
119 (Fortwilliam) Lancaster The Lancaster family were settled in the Ballinasloe locality from the late eighteenth century when...
119 (Garbally) Trench (Garbally) Burke indicates that the Trenches originated in France but settled in the North of England. Frederic...
119 (Killagh), 139 (Nutgrove) Donnellan/Donelan An estate of over 3,000 acres in the baronies of Clonmacnowen and Kilconnell, county Galway, was gra...
119 (Woodlawn) Trench (Woodlawn) The Trench family at Woodlawn were one of a number of Trench families who came to prominence in coun...
120 (Beech Hill) Mahon (Beech Hill) The Mahons of Beech Hill, near Loughrea, county Galway, were a branch of the Mahon family of Castleg...
120 (Clooncha, Benmore & Killimer) Daly (Killimordaly) This branch of the Dalys are derived from Teige Fitzdermot O'Daly who built Killimor Castle in the 1...
120 (Rathford) Daly (Raford) The Daly family of Raford were descended from the Dalys of Carnakelly. The Raford estate was bought...
120 (Tourow), 419 (Corr) Dolphin At the time of Griffith's Valuation Oliver Dolphin held land in the parish of Killoscobe, barony of...
120 (Kiltolla) D'Arcy (Kiltullagh & Clifden Castle) The D'Arcy family of Kiltullagh, parish and barony of Athenry, county Galway, was founded by Patrick...
120 (Dunsandle & Esker), 138 (Lismore Castle) Daly (Dunsandle & Carnakelly) The Daly family of Dunsandle derived from Daly of Carnakelly in the parish of Kiltullagh. They bough...
120 (Frenchfort) Blake (Kiltullagh, Frenchfort & Vermount) The lands of Kiltullagh/Kiltolla, parish of Oranmore, barony of Dunkellin, county Galway, were grant...
120 (Oranmore), 128 (Dunmacrene), 393 (Carrowbrowne) Blake (Doonmacreena & Oranmore) This branch of the Blake family, descended from the Blakes of Ballyglunin, county Galway, was settle...
120 Joyce (Mervue) The Joyces of Mervue, Corgary and Rahasane were all descended from a family of Joyces long establish...
121 (Ballyna & Cloonagh) Fallon (Ballina) A branch of the the Gaelic chieftain family of O'Fallon was granted land at Ballina in the parish of...
122 (Muckland) Kelly (Muckloon) In 1728 the Kellys settled at Muckloon, parish of Taghboy, barony of Killian, county Galway, which t...
122 (Ballybawne & Clonlyon), 419 (Castle Kelly & Clonlyon) Kelly (Aghrane Castle/Castle Kelly) The Kellys were settled at Castlekelly, Ballygar, barony of Killian, county Galway, from the late 17...
122 (Mount Bellew) Bellew (Mountbellew) The Bellew family of Williamstown, county Louth, were granted lands in the parish of Moylough, baron...
122 (Winfield) Blake (Windfield) This family was transplanted to Mullaghmore, parish of Moylough, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway un...
122 (Coreloo) Browne (Ardskea & Cooloo) In a Browne genealogy in the James Hardiman Library, NUI,Galway, the ancestry of this branch of the...
122 (Castlemoyle) Deane Thomas Deane, a merchant, was granted over 1,500 acres mainly in the baronies of Clare and Dunmore,...
122 (Bermingham House), 138 (Queens-borough) Bermingham/Birmingham Edward Bermingham, Lord Athenry, was granted over 5,000 acres, mainly in the barony of Dunmore, coun...
122 (The Grove, Ballygaddy & Friendly Quarters) Kirwan (Gardenfield) An estate in the parish of Tuam, county Galway, was restored to Martin Kirwan and his eldest son Ric...
122 (Castle-Grove) Blake (Castlegrove) By his will (1612) Robert Blake of Ardfry left the lands of Castlegrove or Fartigare as they were o...
123 (Newborough & Clogher) Lynch/Crean Lynch A junior branch of the Lynch Blosse family baronets, who obtained leases of the Clogher estate, in t...
123 (Blindwell) Kirwan (Blindwell) Descended from a younger son of the Kirwans of Gardenfield, the Kirwans of Blindwell, built up a sub...
123 (Cloghan Castle) Lewin (Cloghans) A family who were settled on the Galway/Mayo border at Cloghans, parish of Kilmainemore, barony of K...
123 (Hollymount) Lindsey (Hollymount) This branch of the Lindsey family were descended from a younger son of the first Lindsey of Turin, p...
123 (Lehinch) Blake (Renvyle) Henry Blake returned from Montserrat in 1676 and, according to Martin J. Blake, bought the Lehinch e...
123 (Bloomfield), 398 (Cornfield) Ruttledge (Bloomfield) In May 1749, Peter Ruttledge of Cornfield and Carrowkillen, parish of Robeen, barony of Kilmaine, co...
123 (Newbrook) Bingham (Newbrook) This estate was founded by John Bingham of Foxford, county Mayo, younger brother of Sir Henry Bingha...
123 (Rockland), 400 (Castletown) Ellison Burke records that this family came to the west of Ireland in the mid 17th century from Newcastle on...
124 (Castlehill & Mullenmore) Cormack/Cormick A family originally from Munster who purchased land in the barony of Erris, county Mayo, in the earl...
124 (Prospect) Jackson (Enniscoe) Francis Jackson, a Cromwellian soldier, bought extensive lands in the barony of Tirawley, county May...
124 (Gortnar-Abbey) Ormsby (Gortnaraby) By the late 17th century a branch of the Ormsby family had settled at Cloghans, parish of Kilbelfad,...
124 (Castlegore) Gore (Castle Gore) In 1666 the Gores were granted extensive estates, over 14,700 acres, in the barony of Tirawley, coun...
124 (Rappa) Knox (Rappa) Originally a Crofton estate which passed through a marriage connection to a younger son of the Knoxe...
124 (Ballybroony) Perkins John Perkins was agent for some of the property owned by the Gores, Earls of Arran in the first half...
124 (Ranadyff) Gardiner (Courthill) The Ordnance Survey Name Books record John Gardiner of Courthill leasing lands from the Earl of Arra...
125 (Castlehacket) Kirwan (Castlehacket) In the 16th century the Castlehacket and Cahermorris estates near Tuam in county Galway belonged to...
125 (The Lodge, Shaw) Blake (Ross Lodge) The Blakes of Ross Lodge were a junior branch of the Towerhill family and held a small estate in the...
125 (New Park) Lyster (Lysterfield) The Lyster estate was in the parishes of Cam, Kiltoom and Taghmaconnell, barony of Athlone, county R...
125 (Kilmore), 419 (Rockwood) Waller (Rookwood) In 1778 Major Waller is recorded as resident at Rookwood and Kilmore. Robert Waller married Jane Or...
126 (Gort) Dowell (Co Roscommon) In the 1850s Miss Eliza Dowell held a townland in the each of the parishes of Kiltoom and Taghboy an...
126 (Churchborough) Kelly (Churchboro) A branch of the Kelly family was resident at Churchboro on the church lands of Killinvoy, barony of...
126 (Kellybrook) Kelly (Kellybrook) The townland of Kellybrook was in the 2 parishes of Killinvoy and St Johns, barony of Athlone, count...
126 (Scregge) Kelly (Scregg) At the time of Griffith's Valuation Edmund Kelly held an estate in the parishes of Killinvoy and Kil...
126 (Sandfield) Sandys Edwyn Sandys Reynolds, a Protestant gentleman, resided at "Darham" in 1749. Robert Sandes was livin...
126 (Moat) Crofton (Mote Park) The senior branch of the Crofton family settled at Ballymurray, county Roscommon in the 16th century...
126 (Martin's-town) Davis (Martinstown) James Davis, eldest son of George Davys FitzRichard (1703-1767), married Frances, daughter of George...
126 (Clover-Hill), 414 (not named, Houghton) La Touche The La Touche family owned extensive estates in Kildare and Wicklow as well as property interests in...
126 (Ardmore) Croghan (Kilbride) In 1749 Charles Croghan and Luke Croghan were both resident in the parish of Kilbride and Owen Crogh...
126 (Dunamon) Caulfeild (Dunamon) The Dunamon estate was held under a lease for 500 years from John King, Lord Kingston to Thomas Caul...
126 (Runnimede & High-Lake) Fallon (Runnamoat) [In 1677 Edmund Fallon of Mote, county Roscommon was granted a small acreage in the barony of Tiaqui...
126 & 421 (Glinsk) Burke (Glinsk) Ulick Burke of Glinsk, parish of Ballynakill, barony of Ballymoe, county Galway, was created a baron...
126 (Ashpark, Lyster) Hamilton Christopher Hamilton's estate in the parish of Drumatemple, barony of Ballymoe, county Roscommon was...
126 (Oran) Malone The Malones of Ballynahown, county Westmeath, were closely related to the Brownes of Westport House,...
126 (Leabeg) Irwin (Beechwood) Christopher Irwin of Newtown and Leabeg, barony of Ballymoe, county Roscommon was a younger brother...
126 (Dundermot, Owens), 131 (Ashfield & Abbert) Blakeney (Abbert) Robert Blakeney, a member of a family of Elizabethan settlers, was granted lands at Castle Blakeney,...
126 (Durra) Bagot (Bagotstown, Ballyturin & Aghrane/Castlekelly) This family were first established at Bagotstown, county Limerick in the 13th century. They later he...
127 (New-Forest) D'Arcy (Newforest) This branch of the D'Arcy family were descended from Martin D'Arcy, second son of James 'Riveagh' D'...
128 (Fidane) Kelly (Fiddaun Lodge) Donnogh Kelly was granted lands in counties Mayo and Galway by patent dated 4 Apr 1670. McCarthy wr...
128 (Clondowel, Blake) Kelly (Boyounagh) A branch of the Kelly family held an estate in the parish of Boyounagh, barony of Ballymoe, county G...
128 (Dunmore) Gore (Baronet) In the mid 1850s Sir St George Gore, 8th Baronet, held at least 15 townlands in the parishes of Boyo...
128 (Dalygan) Birmingham (Dalgin & Millbrook) The Birminghams of Dalgin, parish of Addergoole, barony of Dunmore, county Galway, were descended fr...
128 (Farmhill) Vesey In December 1698 John Vesey, Archbishop of Tuam from 1679 to 1716, bought almost 750 acres in the Ho...
128 (Crean) Crean A Blake property at the beginning of the 18th century which passed by marriage to the Creans, a coun...
129 (Cloonagashill), 397 (Portroyal) Gildea The Gildeas were established at Port Royal in county Mayo from early in the 18th century, where they...
129 (Cong) McNamara (Cong) From 1722, George McNamara held the Abbey lands in the parish of Cong, barony of Kilmaine, county Ma...
129 Bermingham/Birmingham (Rosshill) Colonel John Browne owned a substantial estate in the barony of Ross, county Galway, at the end of t...
129 Lynch (Petersburg) This family settled at Ballynonagh Castle on the shore of Lough Mask, barony of Ross, county Galway,...
130 (Ellistron), 398 (Turin [Kirwan]) Browne/Dillon-Browne (Glencorrib) A branch of the Browne family of the Neale, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, settled near the villag...
130 (The Neale) Browne (Neale) A family established at The Neale, county Mayo, from the 16th century which they were regranted alon...
130 (Clougher), 419 (Castle-French) ffrench (Castle ffrench) Originally known as Clogher and purchased by the ffrenches from the O'Kellys in 1636. Confiscated b...
131 (Munnine, Fair-Hill & Colmanstown) French (Moneen) In 1667 Matthew French was granted over 4,000 acres in the barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, includi...
131 (Monivea) Ffrench (Monivea) The Monivea estate, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, was acquired by the ffrenchs from the O'Kellys...
131 (Park) Burke (Tiaquin) The estate of 5,879 acres was in the parish of Monivea, barony of Tiaquin, county Mayo and was adver...
131 (Cussane, Parker) Mahon (Belleville) The Mahons bought the Belleville estate in the parish of Monivea, barony of Clare, county Galway, fr...
132 & 419 (Lowville) Lowe Nathaniel Lowe was a member of a Cromwellian family who had settled in county Westmeath. O'Gorman st...
132 (Clonbrock), 419 (Killure) Dillon (Clonbrock) The Dillons were a Norman family who initially received grants of land in Westmeath and who later ac...
134 (Carrine) Potts The Drum Heritage Group record Correen, parish of Moore, barony of Moycarn, county Roscommon as the...
135 (Newcastle) Davis/Davies (Kilconnell) John Davies was resident at Castle-bin, Kilconnell, in 1814. The estate of George Davies, in the par...
135 (Newgrove) Blake (Ardfry) By patent dated 24 Feb 1681 the Blakes were granted almost 12,000 acres in counties Galway and Mayo,...
135 (Ballydugan) Burke (Ballydugan) Burke's Landed Gentry of Ireland indicates that Michael Burke of Ballintober, county Roscommon purch...
138 (Madden) Madden (Kiltormer) In November 1677 Fergus Madden was granted over 1,700 acres in the baronies of Leitrim and Longford,...
138 (Kilnaborris) Madden (Kiltormer) In November 1677 Fergus Madden was granted over 1,700 acres in the baronies of Leitrim and Longford,...
138 (Prospect) French (Prospect)
138 (Faghy), 419 (Faghy, [Hamilton]) L'Estrange (Fahy) Thomas and Henry L'Estrange were granted 647 acres in the barony of Longford, county Galway in Decem...
138 (Moorfield) Blake (Crumlin, Clooncon & Moorfield) Descended from a younger son of the Blakes of Ardfry in the 17th century, the Blakes of Crumlin, par...
139 (Hearnsbrook) Hearn/Hearn Kirkaldy Thomas Edward Hearn of Hearnsbrook is recorded as a resident proprietor in 1824. At the time of Grif...
139 (Ramore, Browne) McDermott (Ramore/Rathmore) James Anthony McDermott of Ramore married Mary Agnes Blake of Cregg Castle in the early 19th century...
139 (Lisduff) Kelly (Lisduff) In 1752 Peter Browne of Westport (1730-1780) married Elizabeth Kelly, only child of Denis Kelly, Ch...
139 (Summerhill House), 142 (Roxborough) Persse (Roxborough & Moyode) The Persse family first received grants of land in counties Galway and Roscommon in the 1670s. Some...
139 (Mountpleasant) Daly (Dalystown) In 1814 the Rt. Hon Denis Bowes Daly was the owner of the Dalystown estate, the son of Hyacinth Dal...
140 (Ballymanagh) Redington (Kilcornan) The Redington family estate was centred on their house at Kilcornan. This had previously been a Burk...
140 (Aggard) Lambert (Cregclare) In 1824 Walter Lambert, Creggaclare, Walter Lambert, Castle Lambert, Walter Lambert, Lambert Lodge,...
140 Rathbourne Richard Rathbourne/Rathborne was the lessor of several townlands in the parishes of Ardrahan and Kil...
140 (Rockfield) Browne (Rockfield) The Browne family occupied the house at Rockfield in the parish of Killeeneen, barony of Dunkellin,...
140 (Lavally) Lynch (Lavally) This branch of the Lynchs were able to trace their ancestors back to at least the 14th century in th...
140 (Movilla) Browne (Moyvilly & Mounthazel) The Moyvilly estate, near Oranmore, county Galway, was granted to the Brownes under the Acts of Sett...
140, 393 (Corbally House, [D'Arcy]) O'Hara (Lenaboy) The O'Haras of Lenaboy had been established in the town of Galway since the early 18th century and m...
140 (Barna) Lynch (Barna) According to Burke's ''Landed Gentry of Ireland'' the Barna estate came into the possession of the L...
140 (Newcastle) Browne (Brownville) The Brownes of Brownville, near Galway city, were connected to the Brownes of Ardskea, parish of Kil...
141 (Dangin) Martin (Bushy Park) Robert Martin held an estate in the parishes of Kilcummin and Kilannin, barony of Moycullen, county...
141 (Menlogh) Blake (Menlo) The Blakes, raised to the peerage as baronets in 1622, were established at Menlough on the bank of t...
141 (Eyreville [Galway]) Eyre (Eyrecourt & Eyreville) Giles Eyre, Eyrecourt Castle and Thomas Knutford Eyre, Eyreville, are described as resident propriet...
141 (Woodstock) Shaw (Newford) The Shaw family held land and premises in the towns of Athenry and Galway in the early 18th century....
141 (Moycullen) French (Moycullen) Martin J. Blake states that John French Fitz Stephen was given 2,200 acres by the Cromwellian Commis...
141 (Drumcong) Lynch (Drimcong) By a patent under the Acts of Settlement, dated 14 Mar 1679, Isidore Lynch of Drimcong, was granted...
141 (Ross) Martin (Ross) The Martin family were established beside Ross Lake in the barony of Moycullen, county Galway, from...
141 (Portacairn) French (Portacarron) Martin J. Blake wrote in ''The Tuam Herald'' that this family were descended from the Frenchs of Mon...
141 (Lemonfield) O'Flahertie (Lemonfield) The O'Flaherties of Lemonfield are descended from the O'Flaherties of Aughnenure Castle near Oughter...
142 (Rahasane) Ffrench (Rahasane) In 1675 the ffrenches bought the lands of Cummer and Drumgriffin in the barony of Clare which had be...
142 (Corbally) Blake (Corbally) The Blakes had owned an estate at Corbally, parish of Ardrahan since the 15th century. In 1824 a...
142 (Annagh) Burke (Kiltartan) John Burke, of Normangrove, near Kinvara, is recorded as offering lands for lease in that area in t...
142 (Rhyndifin) Prendergast (Gort) The Prendergast family were granted lands which had belonged to the O'Shaughnessys including the are...
142 (Ashfeld) Forster (Blake Forster) The Forster family were of English origin who first acquired property in Galway in the 1640s. The pr...
142 (Craig) Butler (Cregg) The Butlers acquired lands at Cregg through marriage with the O'Shaughnessys. Francis Butler is reco...
142 (Dromquin and Nutfield) Crowe (Dromore) The Crowe family were living at Nutfield, near Ennis, county Clare in the 1780s. Burke records that...
143 (Eden Vale) Stacpoole (Eden Vale) The Stacpooles were a county Limerick Catholic family. Clement Stacpoole was transplanted to county...
150 (Clifton) Burton (Clifden & Mungret) In 1780 Edward William Burton of Clifden was High Sheriff of county Clare and William Burton of Clif...
150 (Rock's-town) Blood (Roxton & Cranagher) The Blood family was established in county Clare from the early 17th century. By the mid 18th centu...
150 (Innistymond) O'Brien (Ennistymon) This branch of the O'Briens were descended from Sir Donnagh O'Brien of Duagh of Elizabethan times. I...
150 (Woodmount) Lysaght (Woodmount) Weir writes that George Lysaght lived at Woodmount, parish of Kilmanaheen, county Clare, in the late...
151 (Gower, Ames) Burton (Buncraggy & Carrigaholt) Samuel Burton of Buncraggy, county Clare, married Margaret Harris and died in 1712. From their elde...
151 (Kilrush) Vandeleur (Kilrush) The Vandeleur family are descended from Maxmilian Van Der Leur, a Dutch merchant, who had settled in...
159 (Inane, Curtis) Jackson (Inane) The Jackson family held an estate at Inane, parish of Roscrea, county Tipperary in the 19th century...
159 (Clashagad) Lloyd (Cranagh & Lloydsborough) Early generations of this family married members of the Otway, Blunden and Clutterbuck families. Jo...
159 (Moneyquill, Trevor's-town) Going (Traverston & Violethill) Robert Going of Cranagh, county Tipperary, who died in the early 1730s, left three sons, Robert of T...
159 (Debbsborough) Bayly (Debsborough) The Bayly family were established at Debsborough, Nenagh, county Tipperary from the early 18th centu...
159 (Killboy) Prittie (Lord Dunalley) The Prittie family descend from Colonel Henry Prittie who was granted 5,900 acrese in county Tippera...
159 (Bushfield) Cashel/Cashin (Tipperary) The Cashels were located in the Birdhill locality of county Tipperary from the 1770s. Henry Cashel...
159 (Greenhall & New-Ross) White (Greenhall & Abbeyville) This family share a common ancestry with the Whites of Kilmoylan, county Limerick. Benjamin White w...
160 (Mount-Phillips & Killean) Phillips (Mount Rivers) This family of Phillips was settled in county Tipperary from at least the mid 18th century. [Thomas...
160 Waller (Newport) The first Waller came to Ireland as a soldier in Cromwell's army. Branches of the family settled at...
160 (Bloomfield -Lodge) Bloomfield The Bloomfield family were originally settled at Eyre Court, county Galway, in the early 18th centur...
160 (Fox-Hall, Anderson) Rose (Ahabeg) The Rose family, originally from Devonshire, settled at Morgans and Mount Prospect, county Limerick...
160 (Ballymackeogh) Ryan (Ballymackeogh) This family were settled in county Tipperary from the mid 17th century. In 1814 William Ryan of Bal...
160 (New-garden) Purdon (Tinerana) The Purdons were active in the affairs of Limerick city but lived in the parish of Ogonnelloe, baron...
160 (Prospect) Powell (Clonshavoy) The Powells were established in county Limerick by the end of the 17th century. In 1703 Richard Pow...
160 (Mount Shannon) Oliver (Castle Oliver) By the late 17th century the Olivers were settled at Clonodfoy (later known as Castle Oliver), baron...
160 (Gran) Gough (Limerick) The Gough family were originally from Wiltshire and descend from Reverend Hugh Gough, brother of R...
160 (Rivers) Brasier (Rivers & Ballyellis) A family of French origin who settled in the north of Ireland in the early 17th century. Paul Brasi...
160 (Milford) Widenham There appear to be two branches of this family one in county Limerick and one in county Cork. Henry...
160 (Singland) Dwyer (Stradbally) A member of the Dwyer family was living at Singland in the parish of St Patricks, close to Limerick...
161 (Park), 173 (Fairy-hall, Murray) De Burgho (Castleconnell) Lewis wrote that the Bourkes were connected with the parish of Stradbally from the 12th century. Th...
161 (Rossbrien), 163 (Adair) Quin/Wyndham-Quin Thady Quin (1645-1726) of Adare, county Limerick, had two sons from whom descend the Earls of Dunrav...
162 Bindon The Bindon family were located in the counties of Clare and Limerick from the late 17th century. Dav...
163 (Graig) Greene (Greenmount) Captain Thomas Greene was granted land in counties Kerry, Limerick and Clare in 1668. The Greenes o...
163 (Faha) Tuthill (Faha) This family settled in county Limerick in the late 17th century. George Tuthill held an estate in t...
163 (Attyflin) Westropp (Attyflin) Montiford Westropp settled in county Limerick in the mid 17th century. His son Montiford purchased...
163 (Ballybunoge) Dickson (Kildimo) Burke's "Landed Gentry of Ireland" (1912) records members of the Dickson family living at Ballyhonog...
164 (Stoneville) Massy (Stoneville) Burke's ''Irish Family Records'' states that William Massy bought Stoneville, Rathkeale, county Lime...
164 Pigott (Rathkeale) In the mid 19th century John Pigott held townlands in the parish of Clonshire and Rathkeale, barony...
165 Southwell The Southwell family were established in county Limerick in the early 17th century. Their estate in...
165 Hewson (Castle Hewson) This family was settled at Castle Hewson, Askeaton, county Limerick from the end of the 17th century...
165 (Knockaderry) Evans (Knockaderry) The Reverend Thomas Waller Evans was the second son of Thomas Evans of Miltown Castle, county Cork a...
165 (Newcastle) Courtenay The introduction to the Devon rentals at the Limerick City Archives states that "the Devon Estate in...
165 (Killmeny) Mahony/Gun-Mahony In the 1870s the estate of George Gun Mahony, of Kilmorna, Listowel, amounted to over 5000 acres in...
165 (Woodford), 363 (Dingle) Fitzgerald (Knight of Kerry) According to the late Desmond Fitzgerald, last Knight of Glin, county Limerick, three of the cadet b...
165 (Dromin) Raymond Smith indicates that Anthony Raymond was granted estates in Kerry under the Act of Settlement in 166...
180 (Crotto) Ponsonby/Carrique-Ponsonby The estate at Crotta, Parish of Kilflynn, barony of Clanmaurice, was granted to the Ponsonbys in the...
166 (Oak-Park), 178 (Alta Villa), 180 (Bedford), 393 (Anglingham) Bateman The Bateman family were lessors in the parish of Killinny, barony of Corkaguiny and Ballincuslane, B...
166 (Tralee Castle) Denny Smith indicates that the first Sir Edward Denny was granted over 6000 acres in county Kerry after th...
166 (Lower-Cannon), 201 (Glebe House at Castlemain), 361 (residence of Rev. Dr.Day near Kiltalla church) Day Though Burke suggests the Day family came from Suffolk O'Carroll states that their origin is somewha...
166 (Kilgobbin Glebe) Hewson (Trughanacmy) George M. Hewson of Strand Street, Tralee, owned over 600 acres in county Kerry in the 1870s. Lands...
166 Hickson (Corkaguiny) Both James and Robert Hickson held lands in several parishes in the barony of Corkaguiny at the time...
166 (Clooncurra) Hussey (Corkaguiny) Members of the Hussey family held property in several parishes in the parish of Corkaguiny at the ti...
167 (Burnham) de Moleyns (Lord Ventry) Smith indicates that Frederick Mullins was granted lands in Dingle, which he named Burnham after the...
168 (Ballymakey House, O'Meara), 233 (Faraghy), 237 (Kilcummer [Groves]) Bowen/Cole-Bowen Originally from Wales, Henry Bowen, a Cromwellian army officer, settled in county Cork. In 1660 his...
169 (Sallborough) Poe (Donnybrook & Solsborough) William Poe of Knock and Emmanuel Poe of Solsborough, county Tipperary, were older brothers of James...
169 Finch (Tullamore Park) An English family who settled in county Tipperary in the 17th century. Lieutenant Colonel Simon Fin...
169 (Garry-kennedy) Watson (Garrykennedy) The Watsons were settled in Garrykennedy, county Tipperary, from at least the mid 18th century. The...
169 (Castlelough & Castletown) Parker (Castlelough & Ballyvalley) Captain John Parker was granted 1,242 acres in the barony of Owney and Arra, county Tipperary in 166...
169 (Land's-town) Rolleston Colonel Francis Rolleston, a Jacobite, settled in county Tipperary in the late 17th century. His gr...
169 (Derry Castle) Head The Head family descend from Michael Head, Sheriff of the city of Waterford in 1672 and Mayor in 168...
170 (Fort Henry, Hastings) Atkins/Atkins-Going The genealogy of this family was recorded in the late 1830s. Robert Atkins of Fountainville, born 1...
171 (Ross) Pearse (Limerick) The Pearse family held land in the vicinity of Limerick city during the 18th century and were closel...
171 (Ballyquin) Arthur (Glenomera) A family who moved from county Limerick to Ballyquin, county Clare when they purchased land from the...
171 (Broadford) Bentley (Hurdleston) The ancestors of the Bentleys received land in county Clare under the Cromwellian settlement of the...
171 (Woodfield, Locke) Bridgeman At the time of Griffith's Valuation the representatives of St John Bridgeman held land in the parish...
171 (Killygorry &Garuragh [Harrison]) O'Callaghan/O'Callaghan Westropp (Kilgory & Maryfort) The county Cork estates of the O'Callaghans were confiscated in the mid 17th century and the family...
171 (Fort Ann & Lismeghan) Westropp (Fort Anne) A branch of the Westropp family descended from a younger brother of Mountiford Westropp of Attyflin,...
172 (Ballintogher) Stratford (Aldborough) The Earl of Aldborough held lands in Killerry parish, barony of Tirerrill, county Sligo, which seem...
172 (Lissen-Hall), 369 (Castle Otway) Otway By a patent dated 10 October 1685, John Otway was granted Castle Otway, county Tipperary. His desc...
173 (Quinsborough) Quin (Quinsborough) Lord George Quin was the second son of Thomas Taylour, 1st Marquess of Headfort and Mary, only daugh...
173 (White Hall) White (Limerick) This family were established at Ballynanty, county Limerick, from the 15th century. Jasper White of...
174 (Cloughry), 233 (Carrig) Franks (Carrig Park) A family who settled in King's county (county Offaly) in the mid 17th century, later generations mov...
174 (Oakfield, county Clare) Waller (Castletown) This branch of the Waller family are descended from Sir Hardress Waller, a Cromwellian soldier, who...
174 (Pass), 177 (Barntick) Peacocke (Barntick) Burke records the purchase by George Peacocke of an estate in the barony of Pubblebrien, county Lime...
174 (Cratlagh-Hall) O'Brien/Stafford O'Brien In 1699 Henry O'Brien, second son of sir Donough O'Brien of Dromoland Castle, county Clare, married...
175 (Bunratty) Studdert (Bunratty) The Reverend George Studdert, rector of Kilpeacon and Rathkeale, county Limerick, was the son of Geo...
175 (Mount Ievers) Ievers (Mountievers) The first member of this family to settle in county Clare in the 1640s was Henry Ievers. He was a c...
175 (Fenagh) Wilson (Belvoir) The Wilson family settled at Belvoir, near Sixmilebridge, county Clare, in the 18th century. Richar...
175 (Rahelene) Vandeleur (Rathlaheen) The Vandeleurs’ Rathlahine estate was in the parishes of Feenagh and Tomfinlough, barony of Bunratty...
175 (Ballycar) Colpoys (Ballycar) The Colpoys were originally from Hampshire, England. George Colpoys was living at Ballycar, parish...
175 (Dromoland) O'Brien (Dromoland) The introduction to the Inchiquin Papers in the National Library of Ireland records that, in about 1...
175 (Ballykelty) McMahon (Knockane) At the time of Griffith's Valuation the representatives of John McMahon held land in the parishes of...
176 (Stamer) Stamer (Carnelly) William Stamer, a member of an old English Protestant family from Essex, England, moved to county Ki...
176 (Cappaghard) Lukey At the time of Griffith's Valuation George Bevan Lukey held land in the parishes of Castlelyons and...
177 (Newhall) MacDonnell (Newhall) This family was descended from the MacDonnell family of Dunluce, county Antrim. In the late 17th cen...
177 (Buncraggy), 368 (Farney Bridge) Armstrong/Armstrong MacDonnell (Newhall) The Armstrongs of Mount Heaton share a common ancestry with the Armstrongs of Moyaliff, county Tippe...
177 (Cragbrien) Stacpoole (Cragbrien) The Reverend William Stacpoole of Cragbrien, parish of Clondagad, barony of Islands, county Clare, w...
177 (Fort Fergus) Ross-Lewin (Ross Hill) The Ross-Lewin estate was in the parishes of Kilchreest and Killadysert, barony of Clonderalaw, coun...
177 (Paradise) Henn (Paradise) The Henns, an English family, were granted lands in county Clare by the Earl of Thomond at the end o...
178 (Ballyartney) Barclay McAuliffe writes that the Barclays, a Quaker family, came from Scotland to Ireland. At the end of t...
178 (Clanderlaw) Studdert (Clonderalaw) Five generations of Studderts lived at Clonderalaw, parish of Kilmurry, barony of Clonderalaw, count...
178 (Kilmore) Hickman (Kilmore) By his second marriage Gregory Hickman, merchant of Hamburgh, had three sons. The eldest, Walter, fo...
178 (Burrane), 185 (Tirvoe) Monsell (Limerick) Originally from England, this family sold their estates in Somerset and purchased estates in county...
178 (Nantenan) Royse The Royse family were resident in the Nantinan parish of county Limerick from the early 18th century...
178 (Riddlestown) Blennerhassett (Riddlestown) The Blennerhassett family acquired estates in county Kerry from the forfeitures of the Earl of Desmo...
178 (Abbey) Greene (Old Abbey) The Greenes were settled at Old Abbey, county Limerick, from the early 17th century when they obtain...
178-9 (Glyn) Fitzgerald (Knight of Glin) The Knight of Glin is a title which was in existence for six centuries, borne by a branch of the Fit...
179 (Leslie Lodge & Tarbert House) Leslie (Tarbert) The Leslies, descended from the Scottish clan, held lands in North Kerry since the seventeenth centu...
179 (Fyrmont) Leake (Rathkeale) The gravestone inscriptions from the Church of Ireland graveyard at Rathkeale, barony of Connello Lo...
179 (Sallow Glin), 180 (Carrickafoil Castle, O'Connor Kerry) Sandes (Iraghticonnor) Smith indicates that Lancelot Sandes was granted an estate in Kerry in 1667 under the Acts of Settle...
179 (Rosheen) Crosbie (Ballyheige) Reverend John Crosbie, bishop of Ardfert in the early 1600s, was the common ancestor of the Crosbies...
180 (Tullamore) Julian Samuel Julian was one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Kilfeighny, Kilflynn and Kiltomy,...
181 (Ballyhenry, Hartnett) Hurley/Hurly Burke indicates that the Hurleys originated in county Limerick but acquired land and influence in Ke...
181 (Sackville, [Rev. Graves] Tobrid), 182 (Ardfert), 354 (Ballymacadam), 362 (Dunloe Castle & Beaufort) Crosbie/Talbot-Crosbie (Ardfert) Reverend John Crosbie, bishop of Ardfert in the early 1600s, was the common ancestor of the Crosbies...
184 (Holly-Park) Taylor (Ballynort & Holly Park ) An entry in ''Pue's Occurances'' 19-23 June 1739 indicates that the Taylors were resident at Ballyno...
184 (Ballynort) Massy (Ballynort) In 1760 Hugh, 2nd Baron Massy, married Catherine, daughter and co heiress with her sister Lady Carri...
184 (Inchrourk) Hunt (Limerick & Tipperary) Burke's ''Landed Gentry of Ireland'' (1904) states that Henry Hunt obtained Friarstown, county Limer...
185 (Elm & Craigbeg [Vokes]) Massey (Elm Park) The Lords Clarina are descended from Eyre Massey, sixth son of Hugh Massy of Duntrileague, county Li...
184 (Craigbeg) Vokes A name that was very much associated with Limerick city and a number of family members held property...
184 (Court) Hartstonge In the 18th century the Harstonge family held lands in the Bruff and Kildimo areas of county Limer...
186 (Menus), 248 (Mocollop), 354 (Menus) Drew (Rockfield & Mocollop Castle) This family were a junior branch of the Drews of Drewscourt, county Cork and held land in counties W...
185 (Maglas & Maugh) Sealy In the 1870s Deborah Sealy of Tralee held less than 100 acres in county Kerry. The Sealys had held l...
185 (Ratanny) Rowan (Kerry) Rev. Arthur Rowan was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Ballymacelligott and Ratass, ba...
186 (Ash-Hill, Elm Grove, Ballyseedy), 354 (Arabela) Blennerhassett (Ballyseedy & Beaufort) Smith states that the Blennerhassett family were originally from Cumbria, in the north of England. T...
186 (Ballycarty Castle) Nash The Nash family held an estate in the barony of Trughanacmy in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuri...
187 (Dick's Grove) Meredith (Dysert) Richard Meredith was one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Castleisland and Killeentierna,...
187 (Dooneen) Bland (Derryquin) The Blands were originally a Yorkshire family who settled in Kerry in the early 18th century. Franci...
187-200 (Detailed description of the lakes of Killarney & Lord Kenmare's estate,including map) Browne (Kenmare) Smith states that Sir Valentine Browne was granted over 6000 acres in county Kerry after the Desmond...
201 (Muckrus) Herbert (Muckross) The Herberts were granted land in Kerry during the reign of Elizabeth I. Smith indicates that two me...
201 (Earl of Shelburne's Lodge) Petty-Fitzmaurice (Marquess of Lansdowne) This estate owes its origins to Sir William Petty, renowned cartographer, mathematician and scientis...
201 (Cloghers) Yielding/Yeilding The Yielding family were established in county Limerick from the mid 18th century and lived at Belle...
201 (near Castlemain), 361 (Anna), 362 (Bushfield) Godfrey (Kilcolman) According to Smith, the first Godfrey to settle in Kerry was John, who was granted an estate under...
202 (Capercullen), 208 (Elton) O'Grady/Grady (Elton) According to Burke's ''Irish Family Records'' (1976), the O'Gradys of Elton descend from Darby O'Gra...
202 (Ashroe [Evans]) Barrington (Glenstal) The Barringtons settled in Limerick city at the end of the 17th century, Benjamin Barrington was she...
202 (Wilton-Hall [Perceval[, Abington) Lawless The Lawless family, originally from Hertfordshire, settled in Dublin in the early 18th century. Nic...
202 (Caherkorney [White], Rawlen's-town), 358 (Ballynagarde) Croker (Ballynagarde) The Crokers settled in county Limerick in the 17th century and were resident at Ballynagarde early i...
202 (Lough-Gur) Baylee/Bayley (Mount Baylee) Henry Baylee of Loughgur, county Limerick, was a nephew of Sexten Baylee, Mayor of Limerick in 1758....
202 (Kilballyowen) O'Grady (Kilballyowen) This was the senior family of O'Grady in Munster. This family was located in the Kilballyowen area...
203 (Ash-Hill) Coote (Ash Hill & Bearforest) The Cootes of Ash Hill and Mount Coote, county Limerick, were descended from a younger brother of Si...
203 (Mount Blakeney) Blakeney (Mount Blakeney) ''Burke's Irish Family Records'' states that this family claim descent from the Blakeneys of Norfolk...
203 (Ballymacana) Heffernan/Cantillon Heffernan Frances, youngest daughter of the Reverend John Brown and his wife Meliora Southwell of Mount Brown,...
206 (Parkes-town) Lanphier In the mid 19th century Vernon Lamphier held land in the parish of Ballymurreen, barony of Eliogarty...
206 (New-Park) Pennefather (New Park & Lakefield) In 1667 Cornet Matthew Pennefather from Staffordshire was granted lands in the barony of Slievardagh...
206 (Shanbally, [Slaughter]) Stannix In the mid 19th century Miss Emma Stannix held at least 11 townlands in the parish of Moycarky, baro...
206 (Ballyshehan), 370 (Ballyshehan & Meldrum) Latham In the mid 19th century Oliver Leatham/Latham held land in the parishes of Ballysheehan and Brickend...
354 (Cloghroe [Capel]) Fitzgerald (Lisheen) The Fitzgerald estate of Corkbeg and Lisquinlan, county Cork, was inherited by the Uniacke family in...
207 (Suir Castle) Massy (Suir Castle) Francis Hugh Massy of Suir Castle, county Tipperary, (born 1755) was the fourth son of the the 1st B...
207 (Lisheen & Ballygriffin) Meade A family of Gaelic extraction located originally in county Cork, who by the mid 18th century held la...
208 (Thomastown) Mathew (Thomastown) The Mathew family of Thomastown, county Tipperary had close connections in the 17th century with the...
208 (Kilfeacle), 209 (Mount-William) Bunbury (Kilfeakle) This branch of the Bunbury family descend from Mathew Bunbury of Kilfeacle, county Tipperary, fifth...
208 (Damer's-Court), 209 (Shrone Hill) Damer/Dawson Damer The Damer family, who held estates in Dorset and Somerset, supported Cromwell and, after the Restora...
208 & 209 (Moore's-fort) Moore/Crosbie Moore (Mooresfort) At the time of Griffith's Valuation Maurice Crosbie Moore held an estate in the parish of Grean, ba...
208 (Castle Jane) Ryves In 1667 William and John Ryves were granted over a thousand acres in the barony of Coslea and 168 ac...
208 (Mount Coote) Coote (Mount Coote) Sir Philip Coote Knight of Mount Coote, county Limerick was a nephew of Charles, 1st Earl of Mountra...
393 (Clare-galway) French/ffrench (Frenchfort)
393 (Dermaclaughny) Burke (Derrymaclaugha) Richard Burke was granted 1,943 acres in the Derrymaclaughna locality, barony of Clare, county Galwa...
393 (Annagh) Bodkin (Annagh) The Bodkins, one of the ‘Tribes’ of Galway, were granted Annagh and other lands in the barony of Cla...
394 (Joice-grove) Joyce (Joycegrove) An estate in the parishes of Tuam, barony of Dunmore and Dunmore, barony of Ballymoe, county Galway,...
394 (Carrowparden) Higgins (Carrowpadden) The Higgins family were transplanted in Cromwellian times and resident until the early 19th century,...
394 (Carntilly) Henry (Toghermore) Hugh Robert Henry, a younger son of Hugh Henry of Lodge Park, Straffan, county Kildare was the first...
394 (Belmont) Blake (Belmont) The Blakes of Belmont, parish of Liskeevy, barony of Dunmore, county Galway, were descended from Joh...
395 (Claremount) Browne (Claremount) There are references in the will of the 1st Earl of Altamont to the purchase of part of the Bell est...
395 (Banada) Jones (Benada) The Jones family were descended from Sir Roger Jones who held mortgages on land which had previously...
395 (Streamstown), 421 (Roxborough) Irwin (Streamstown) Various members of the Irwin family are recorded as the owners of land in county Sligo in the 1870s....
395 (Temple-House) Perceval The Perceval family succeeded to lands in Sligo in the mid 17th when George Perceval married Mary Cr...
395 (Nymphsfield) O'Hara The O'Haras were the only Gaelic family to continue as major landowners in County Sligo up to modern...
396 (Mount Browne) Browne (Westport) A very large estate in county Mayo, much of it formerly Bourke property, was acquired by Colonel Joh...
397 (Cloonlagheen) Lynch (Partry) Sir Henry Lynch of Castlecarra, granted his mother the lands of Cloonlagheen, parish of Ballyovey, b...
397 (Lodge, [Shaw]) St. George (Headford) The St Georges were a Cambridgeshire family who were granted lands in the Headford area by the Cromw...
397 (Kinturk) Bourke (Kinturk) A branch of the Bourke family held an estate at Kinturk, parish of Ballyhean, barony of Carra, count...
398 (Brownestown) Browne (Brownstown) A junior branch of the Brownes of The Neale and of Westport, county Mayo, who originally settled at...
398 [not named] Redington (Mirehill) In the late 18th century Nicholas Redington, eldest son of Thomas Redington of Creganna, was living...
398 (Cregg Castle) Kirwan (Cregg) The Kirwans of Galway city were established at Cregg Castle in the parish of Annaghdown, barony of C...
399 (Waterdale) Staunton/Lynch Staunton The Stauntons, originally from Buckinghamshire, England, settled in county Galway in the mid 17th ce...
400 (Garracloon) Blake (Garracloon) A property in the parish of Cong, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, which passed to George Blake, sec...
400 (Houndswood) D'Arcy (Houndswood) John D'Arcy was granted almost 1,700 acres in the baronies of Ross and Athenry, county Galway and in...
400 (Ballycurrin) Lynch (Ballycurrin) An estate in the parish of Shrule, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, in the possession of the Lynch f...
400 (Aur) Burke (Ower) The Burkes of Ower were descended from a younger son of the Burkes of Clanricarde in the 15th centur...
401 (Oxford) Joyce (Oxford) Martin Joyce was transplanted to the parish of Killedan, barony of Gallen, county Mayo by the Cromwe...
403 (Ashbrook) Moore (Moore Hall) An estate in the parishes of Ballintober, Ballyovey and Burriscarra in the barony of Carra, county M...
403 (Turlough & Rockfield Lodge) FitzGerald (Turlough) This family from Gorteens in county Kilkenny was transplanted to county Mayo under the Cromwellian s...
403 (Breandrum) McDonnell (Breandrum) Records in the Westport Estate Papers document the McDonnells' possession of the lands of Breandrum...
404 (Dan) Sheridan An estate comprised of the three townlands of Derrylea, Pheasant Hill and Derrycoosh, in the parish...
405 (Oldhead) Jordan (Oldhead) In 1678 William Jordan was granted Henry Garvey's lands of Bunowen, Legan and Moneen in the parish o...
406 (Tanrago) Irwin (Tanrego) McTernan states that John Irwin, a Cromwellian soldier, wsa granted the lands at Tanrego in the seve...
406 (Tanrago) Dodwell The Dodwell family were present in Sligo since the 17th century. . In 1800 Frances Dodwell of Carro...
406 (Longford House) Crofton (Sligo) The Croftons acquired land in the 17th century from the McSweeneys which had previously been part of...
406 (Fortland) Browne (Tireragh) The Browne family held an estate at Easky, in the barony of Tireragh, in the eighteenth century. Thi...
407 (Scurmore, [Nisbett]) Wingfield Stratford Edward and John Wingfield were twin brothers, sons of Richard Wingfield, 3rd Viscount Powerscourt, a...
407 (Bunro [Rinroe]) Leech This family settled in the North Mayo/Sligo area in the late 17th century and during the 18th centur...
404 (Barleyhill) McManus (Barleyhill) The McManus family held an estate in the parish of Bohola, barony of Gallen, count Mayo, from at lea...
407 (Ardnaree) Jones (Ardnaree) The lands of Ardnaree, parish of Kilmoremoy, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo, were granted to Sir Th...
414 (Cartown) Cunningham (Port) McParlan includes Bryan Conyngham, Porte, on a list of "resident gentleman of property" in 1802. M...
414 (Letterfyan) Reynolds George Nugent Reynolds was the owner of Letterfine in the late 18th century. McParlan records Mr. Re...
414 (Laheen) Peyton (Laheen) The estate at Laheen, which had previously been associated with the Reynolds family, came into the P...
414 (Willy-field) Shanley William Shanley is recorded as the owner of over 150 acres near Ballinamore in the 1870s. McParlan...
414 (Garadice) Percy The estate at Garadice was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in May 1865 on behalf of fiv...
414 (Woodford) Gore (Woodford) In 1703 William Gore of Woodford bought part of the estate of Charles O'Connor, attainted, in the ba...
417 (Grouse Lodge, [Seily], Gortermone) Johnston (Friarstown) The Friarstown estate was held on lease by the Johnston family from the Earl of Milltown though Fria...
417 (Larkfield) O'Donnell (Larkfield) The O'Donnell family leased the Larkfield property from the Lane-Fox estate. According to O Duigneai...
418 (Kingsfort [Dodd]) Rogers (Co Sligo & Ashgrove, Co Cork) Robert A. Rogers, together with the Earl of Aldborough and William Beamish, were lessors of lands in...
418 (Ballinturly) Mitchell (Castle Strange) Cornet Thomas Mitchell from Scotland settled at Castlestrange, county Roscommon in the mid 17th cent...
418 (Tobbervaddy), 421 (Grange) Ormsby (Tobervaddy) A branch of the Ormsby family was settled at Toberavaddy in the parish of Fuerty, barony of Athlone,...
419 (Mount Talbot) Talbot (Mount Talbot) The Talbots were descended from a younger son of the Talbots of Malahide in the 16th century. They w...
419 (Castlegar) Mahon (Castlegar) The Mahons were settled at Castlegar from the early 18th century. In 1711 the Earl of Clanricarde l...
419 (Fairfield) O'Brien (Fairfield) Mary Casteleyn's article in ''The Irish Genealogist'' gives a detailed history of this family. Besi...
419 (Kellysgrove) Kelly (Kellysgrove) James Kealy, son and heir of William Kealy, was granted 612 acres at Kealye's Grove by patent dated...
419 (Belle-view) Lawrence (Lawrencetown) The Lawrence family are first recorded in east Galway in the late 16th century. A John Lawrence marr...
419 (Derryborn) Harding The report of the Harding estate in the Court of Chancery 1861 gives details of this estate. Theoba...
419 (Fairfield, [Hamilton]) O'Kelly (Gortray/Fairfield) Ambrose O'Kelly was the one of the principal lessors in the parish of Kilmalinoge, barony of Longfor...
419 (Capasell, [Devenish [?], Portumna Castle) Burke (Clanricarde) The Clanricarde estate was one of the largest in county Galway. Lord Clanrickard, a minor, is liste...
421 (Holywell) Blakeney (Holywell) In 1761 Charles Blakeney, a member of a junior branch of the Blakeneys of Abbert, married Bridget, d...
421 (Cargans) Kelly (Cargins) Ignatius Kelly, son of Edmund Kelly of Castleruby, was residing at Carrigens at the time of the Cens...
422 (Cherryfield) Mills Members of the Mills family of county Roscommon attended Trinity College, Dublin in the 18th century...
423 (Edmondstown) Costello (Edmondstown) The Costellos were settled at Castlemore, parish of Castlemore, barony of Costello, county Mayo, fro...
423 (Ballymore, [Shuldham]) Elwood (Roscommon) The Elwood family settled at Kilkeeran Castle, in the parish of Kilmainebeg, barony of Kilmaine, cou...
209 (Mount Bruis), 364 (Loughlokery) Doherty (Cos Tipperary & Cork) A family from Inishowen, county Donegal, who moved south in the late 17th century and settled in cou...
209 (Mooresfort) Moore (Mooresfort) Charles Moore, a member of the Moore family of Crookedstone, county Antrim, purchased the Mooresfort...
212 (Ballybeg) Spratt (Pencil Hill) This Spratts descend from a member of a Somerset family, the Reverend Devereux Spratt, who acquired...
212 (Moore-park), 249 (Kilbarry) Moore (Moorepark) In the late 17th century Stephen Moore purchased the Kilworth estate in county Cork. In the 1940s l...
212 (Rockwell) Roe (Rockwell) The will of Jane Roe of Dublin, widow of Doctor William Roe, dated 6 February 1744, refers to her so...
212 (Keylong), 364 (Kilmoyler & Caher) Butler (Caher) The Butlers were established at Caher Castle, county Tipperary, from the 16th century. This family...
214 (Kilcooley Abbey) Barker/Ponsonby Barker William Ponsonby Barker held estates in four counties in the 19th century. The Barkers acquired the...
214 (Littlefield & Point's-town) Cooke (Kiltinan Castle) The Cookes of Kiltinan Castle, Fethard, county Tipperary were descended from Edward Cooke, younger b...
214 (Lane-Park) Lane (Lanespark) In 1666 William Lane was granted the lands of Killens [Lanespark], Derrigear and Cattiganstowne in t...
214 (St.Johnstown) Jacob This Presbyterian family were located in the Fethard area of county Tipperary from at least the mid...
214 (Coolmore) Sankey Under the Acts of Settlement Hierom Sankey was granted over 12,700 acres in county Kerry and some l...
214 (Grove) Barton (Grove) Thomas Barton bought the Everard estate at Fethard, county Tipperary, in 1751. He was a member of th...
214 (Gammon's-town) Hackett (Gambonstown) This family were the senior branch of the Hacketts of Fethard, county Tipperary. ''Burke's Irish Fa...
214 (Kilmore) Bagwell (Kilmore) Thomas P. Power writes that John Bagwell, a Clonmel merchant, purchased about 900 acres in the baron...
224 (Barn & New-Abbey [Moore Coote]), 368 (Chancellorstown) Moore (Barne) A family who were established in the Clonmel area of county Tipperary from the early 17th century....
224 (Kilnamack), 245 (Kilmanahan) Greene (Cos Tipperary & Waterford) Godfrey Greene was granted 541 acres at Mooretown-Keating, Knocknangle and Rathmore, barony of Iffa...
224 (Knocklofty) Hely Hutchinson The Hutchinsons were established at Knocklofty, barony of Iffa and Offa West, county Tipperary, from...
225 (Kilgrogy), 371 (Bannoxtown) Clutterbuck In 1667 an estate of 2,969 acres was granted to Richard Clutterbuck in the barony of Middlethird, co...
225 (Shanbally), 364 (Ballydrehid) O'Callaghan Cornelius O'Callaghan, a lawyer in the early 18th century, married Marie Jolley. Their grandson, al...
225 (Rath-hely [Bryan]) Lucas/Corban Lucas (Rathealy & Ballynacarriga) The Lucas family were settled at Youghal, county Cork, in the mid 17th century. In 1714 John Lucas,...
225 (Rathcormuck), 229 (New Court) Tonson Richard Tonson settled in Ireland in the latter half of the 17th century. He bought the Spanish Isl...
225 (Kilshannick), 239 (Shandingon) Devonsher (Kilshannig) Abraham Devonsher, the Cork banker and Member of Parliament for Rathcormac, county Cork, died withou...
225 (Mitchell's Fort & Bishop's Island) Mitchell (Mitchellsfort) Originally a Quaker family who came to Cork from Bristol in the mid 17th century. Thomas Mitchell w...
227 (Doughlone), 345 (Johnstown) Sarsfield (County Cork) The Sarsfield family were established in Cork since medieval times. Many of them served as High Sher...
227 (Waterfall) Austen/Austin (Cork) Henry Austin was granted over 3,200 acres in the barony of Clanmorris, county Kerry in 1669. This f...
227 (Rochfordstown), 238 (Grange) White (Rochfordstown) A family established at Rochfordstown from the 18th century. In 1785 Swithin White married Mary Mar...
227 (Chetwynd) Pigott (Chetwynd & Knapton) A family originally from Shropshire, who settled in county Laois in the 16th century. Alexander Pig...
227 (Willtown [Izod]) Leslie (Cork) The Leslies of Cork were a branch of the Leslie family of Kincraigie, county Donegal, descended from...
228 (Anagh), 240 (Cooldaniel) Barter (County Cork) The Barter family were established in county Cork from the late 17th century. Several members of th...
228 (Brinie) Nash (Kinalea) The Nash family seem to have become established in the Bandon area in the seventeenth century. Local...
228 (Inishannon) Adderley (Innishannon) Thomas Adderley (1712-1791), son of Francis Adderley of Innishannon, county Cork and Elizabeth Fowke...
228 (Inishannon), 250 (Whitegate) Travers History suggests that the Travers family acquired much of the land fomerly owned by the Abbey of Tim...
228 (Castle-Bernard), 254 (Prospect Hall) Bernard According to Burke, the first Francis Bernard settled in Ireland around the time of Elizabeth I. In...
228 (Knockaville) Poole (Mayfield) Burke indicates that the estate at Mayfield was purchased by Thomas Poole, a descendent of the Chesh...
228 (Cahirmore) Hungerford (Island) Burke indicates that this family traditionally claimed descent from the Hungerford family of Farley...
229 (Derry) Townsend (Derry & Myross Wood) The Townsend estates in west Cork derive from Colonel Richard Townsend, an officer in the Cromwellia...
229 (Castle Sally, O'Barley-Hill & Selmount) Morris (East Carbery) In 1666 William Morris was granted almost a thousand acres in the barony of East and West Carbery an...
229 (Braad) Jervois Members of the Jervois family held over 450 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. In October 1855 and J...
229 (Castle Townsend) Townsend (Castletownsend) Burke's ''Irish Family Records'' indicates that the first of this family to be established in Irelan...
229 (Coronea), 242 (Thornhill) Townsend (Scartagh) The Townsend family in West Cork derive from Colonel Richard Townsend, an officer in the Cromwellian...
230 (Cree), 242 (Hollybrook) Beecher/Becher Burke's ''Irish Family Records'' and Smith both indicate that the Beechers were originally a Kent...
230 (Aughadown) Banfield The Banfields were a Quaker merchant family of Clonmel, county Tipperary, involved in the milling in...
233 (Aughacrass), 236 (Fermoy [Bryan]) Anderson (Fermoy) Hajba writes that John Anderson was a Scottish entrepreneur who came to Cork in 1780. He was a merc...
233 (Carker) Evans (Carker) The Evans family first settled in county Limerick but through marriage with Bridget Green of Carker,...
233 (Ballingrane [Hennessy]), 357 (Springfield) Norcott The Norcott family lived at Doneraile in county Cork, see http://www.iol.ie/~nodonnel/gentleman'svil...
233 (Laurentinum) Creagh (Bally Andrew) This family were established in county Cork from the 16th century and share a common ancestry with t...
233-4 (Doneraile) St. Leger A Norman family who first established connections with the Province of Munster in the mid 16th centu...
234 (Ballidonnel [Springfort]) 236 (Millfort) Foote/Foott (Millfort & Carrigacunna) The Foote family were living in county Cork by the early 18th century. Burke's ''Landed Gentry of Ir...
234 (Rockforest), 235 (Mallow), 345 (Ann-Grove [Dobson]) Cotter A family, possibly of Danish origin, who were settled in county Cork from at least the 16th century....
234 (Mallow) Jephson-Norreys (Mallow Castle) Following the Desmond Rebellion in the 16th century, Mallow Castle was granted to Sir John Norreys,...
235 (Annabella) Hoare (Annabelle) Two Hoare brothers, Edward and Abraham, came to Ireland in the Cromwellian army and obtained large g...
235 (Quarterstown) Dillon (Quarterstown) This family is associated with that of Dillon's Grove, county Roscommon. The Quarterstown estate was...
235 (Woodfort [Ousley]) Ware (Woodfort) The Wares were Elizabethan settlers in county Cork. Early generations married members of the Newman...
235 (Kilottery [McCarthy]) Flynn In the mid 19th century the representatives of Thomas Flynn held some land in the parish of Mallow,...
236 (Dromore& Newbery) Newman (Dromore) This family came from Wincanton, Somerset to county Cork in the mid 17th century and Richard Newman...
236 (Longfield), 250 (Castle Mary) Longfield (Castlemary & Longueville) John Longfield, of Castle Mary, near Cloyne, county Cork married Mary Hawnby of Mallow, county Cork....
236 (Blossom-fort), 360 (Glen-field) Wrixon Henry Wrixon of Assolas was the father of William Wrixon who married Mary Becher in 1778. Their son,...
236 (Lombardstown) Lombard (Lombardstown) The Lombards were located in county Cork from at least the mid 17th century. In 1724 James Lombard...
236 (Bantyre) O'Callaghan (Clonmeen) The O'Callaghans of Clonmeen Castle and later of Clonmeen Lodge, barony of Duhallow, county Cork, we...
236 (Nashville) Nash (Nashville) A family living in the Kanturk area of county Cork in the 18th century. Their estate at Nashville,...
236 (Knockbrack) O'Grady (Cahir Guillamore) Descended from a younger son of the O'Gradys of Kilballyowen, county Limerick, Standish O'Grady, son...
236 (Drishane) Wallis (Drishane Castle) A family established at Curraglass, Mogeely, county Cork, from the early 17th century. In 1703, Thom...
236 (Mount-Leader) Leader (Mount Leader & Dromagh Castle) The senior branch of the Leader family descended from Henry Leader who bought estates in county Cork...
236 (Coomlagane) McCarthy-O'Leary By the mid 18th century the O'Learys were established at Coomlogane, in the parish of Drishane, in t...
236 (Park) Cronin (Park) The Cronins, descended from a Gaelic family, appear to have been settled in the Killarney area sinc...
237 (Castle-Hyde) Hyde (Castle Hyde) A family who settled in county Cork in Elizabethan times. In the early 1850s John Hyde's estate was...
237 (Rinny) Spenser Edmund Spenser, the poet, was granted a large estate in county Cork by Queen Elizabeth I, based arou...
237 (Rinny) Nagle (Ballinamona & Clogher) The head of this family for five generations was named Garrett. This branch of the Nagle family was...
237 (Glenanore) Purcell (Kanturk & Glannanore) This family of Purcells were resident at Kanturk House, county Cork, in the early 18th century but b...
237 (Kilcummer & Ann's-Grove) Annesley/Grove Annesley (Annes Grove) A junior branch of the Annesley family which bore the titles Viscount Glerawly and Earl of Annesley,...
237 (Ann's-grove) Aldworth The Aldworths settled in county Cork in the early 17th century and were established at Newmarket by...
237 (Ballygriffin) Nagle (Ballygriffin & Annakisha) This family are descended from James Nagle (died 1678) of Annakissy or Annakisha, near Mallow, count...
237 (Ballymacboy) Hennessy (Ballymacmoy) A family who were established at Ballymacmoy, Killavullen, county Cork, by the mid 18th century. On...
238 (Mount-Desert) Dunscombe (Mount Desert & Kingswilliamstown) A family originally from Devon who settled in county Cork in the mid 17th century. In 1703 William...
238 (Carrigrohan), 239 (Knight's Bridge) Colthurst In 1702 Nicholas Colthurst of Ballyally, county Cork, purchased over 1,000 acres from the trustees f...
238 (Ballincollig), 363 (Cloverfield) Lloyd (Heathfield) Edward Lloyd of Eyon, county Limerick and Ballincollig, county Cork was the third son of the Reveren...
238 (Greenfield), 354 (Wood-side) Carleton (Wilton House, Woodside) At the time of Griffith's Valuation, George and Christopher Carleton held land in the parish of Kils...
238 (Surmount & Grange [Whyte])) Hawkes (Cork) The Hawkes family of county Cork are descended from Captain John Hawkes who first settled at Bishops...
238 (Elm-Park [Kenney]), 345 (Anne-Moount) Falkiner Caleb Falkiner, a merchant of Cork, married Ruth, daughter of Edward Riggs and had a son, Riggs Falk...
238 (Snugborough [Keeffe]), 239 (Rye Court) Rye (Ryecourt) This family were established at Ryecourt, parish of Moviddy, barony of East Muskerry, county Cork, i...
239 (Forest) Spread In March 1702 William Spread of Ballycanneen, North Liberties of Cork, bought the town and lands of...
239 (Kilcondie) Crooke (Co Cork) Thomas Crooke and John Bayly were jointly granted 1,791 acres in the barony of Muskerry, county Cork...
239 (Lehenock) Peed Documents in the Grehan Collection record land transactions in the baronies of Carbery East, Fermoy,...
239 (Warren's-Court) Warren (Warren's Court) Robert Warren, an army officer, established himself in the East Carberry area of county Cork in the...
239 (Mount Hedges) Eyre/Hedges Eyre (Galway) Richard Hedges Eyre of Macroom Castle and Mount Hedges, county Cork, married Frances Browne, daughte...
239 (Codrum) Hutchinson (Codrum) In the mid 18th century Emanuel Hutchinson was resident at Codrum, parish of Macroom, barony of West...
239 (Ardtully) Orpen (Glanarought) Burke describes the Orpen family as claiming great antiquity. They settled in Ireland after the Crom...
240 (Carrignacurragh) Masters Local sources suggest that the Masters family purchased property from the Hollow Blade Company in th...
240 (Palace Anne) Bernard (Palace Anne) Bennett indicates that the Bernards of Palace Anne were descended from Arthur Bernard, brother of Fr...
240 (Phale [Wade]) Decie/Deasy Richard Deasy was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Kilgarriff and Rathbarry, barony of...
240 (Connor's Ville) Conner (Manch) Burke indicates that the Conners first settled in the town of Bandon in the late seventeenth century...
241 (Kilcoskan) Daunt (East Carbery) This branch of the Daunt family descends from William Daunt of the Tracton Abbey family, whom Burke...
241 (Dunmanway) Cox (Cork & Kilkenny) The Cox family, baronets, of Dunmanway, county Cork, and Castletown Cox, county Kilkenny, held exten...
241 (Butler's-Gift) O'Callaghan (West Cork) Over 1200 acres of the estate of Cornelius, Henry, Thomas and Rev. Robert O'Callaghan, was offered f...
241 (Black Rock) White/Hedges White Richard Hedges of Macroom Castle and Mount Hedges, county Cork, married Mary Eyre and had a son, Ric...
241 Galway/Galwey (Lota & West Cork) "Burke's Irish Family Records" traces the ancestry of this family back to their location in Kinsale,...
243 (Ballintobber) Meade (Cork) This family was related to the Meades, Earls of Clanwilliam. In 1787 the Reverend John Meade, Rector...
243 (Balnacurragh) Swete Samuel Swete of Greenville, county Cork, (originally known as Kilglass, see http://www.kilmichael.or...
245 (Littlebridge) English Morris notes that Andrew English, of Mothel parish, married Susanna Musgrave, daugher of Richard Mus...
245 (Bellmont) Keane (Cappoquin) According to family sources, the Keanes have held this property since the seventeenth century when G...
245 (Salta Bridge) Musgrave (Waterford) Burke states that the Musgraves were originally descended from a Yorkshire family. The first Richard...
245 (Salta Bridge), 248 (Turin) Musgrave (Waterford) Burke states that the Musgraves were originally descended from a Yorkshire family. The first Richard...
245 (Kilbree [Knights Templars]) Chearnley Richard A. Chearnley of Salterbridge, Cappoquin, owned over 18,000 acres in county Waterford in the...
245 (Lismore Castle) Cavendish In 1753 the Cavendish family, Dukes of Devonshire, inherited the Lismore estate, mainly located in c...
247 (Dromana) Villiers Stuart/Stuart (de Decies) The introduction to the Public Record Office Northern Ireland list of the Villiers Stuart papers sta...
247 (Clashmore) Power (Clashmore) Richard Power, of Clashmore House, was MP for Waterford in the early nineteenth century. His heiress...
247 (Ballynetra) Smyth (Ballynatray) The Smyths were settled in county Waterford from Elizabethan times. In the 17th century Richard Smy...
248 (Sapperton & Moore-Hall), 368 (Ballattin [Parsons]) Moore (Moorehill & Sapperton) In 1851 William Moore was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilwatermoy, barony of Coshmo...
248 (Janeville) Keily Morris notes that the Keilys appear as a gentry family in west Waterford in the early eighteenth ce...
248 (KIlmahoe) Perceval (Waterford) In the 1870s Rev. William Percival owned almost 500 acres in county Waterford.
248 (Carrygeen & Coole) Peard Turtle Bunbury writes that Henry Peard of Coole married Mary Gumbleton of Curraglass, county Cork, i...
248 (Aghern [Brabazon]) Boles/Bowles (Cork) In 1666 Richard Boles was granted 924 acres at Moyge in the barony of Orrery and Kilmore, county Cor...
248 (Tormore [Connor]) Oliver (Inchera & Dunkettle) Charles Silver Oliver of Spa Hill, county Limerick and Inchera, Little Island, county Cork, was a yo...
248 (Castle Richard) Gumbleton The Gumbletons of counties Cork and Waterford are descended from the Gomeledon family of Kent. Richa...
248 (Water Park), 251 (Ballyolane) Pyne (Ballyvolane) This family descend from Robert Wakeham, who succeeded his uncle, Sir Richard Pyne, Lord Chief Justi...
249 (Modeligo [Armstead]) Braddell This family appear to be descended from the Reverend Henry Braddell of Raheengraney, county Wicklow....
249 (Carye's-Ville) Carey (Careysville) Peter Carey, son and heir of Captain Peter Carey and his wife Sarah, was granted Ballymackpatricke a...
249 (Mellefont's-town) Nason There appear to be two branches of this family. One branch settled at Mellefontstown, county Cork in...
249 (Carduggan [Davis]) O'Callaghan (Caherduggan) This family was established at Dromskehy, parish of Drumtarriff, barony of Duhallow, county Cork in...
249 (Peafield [Mockler]) Boyce Records relating to John and Thomas Boyce and lands in county Cork are in the Lismore Estate Collect...
249 (Leadington) Atkin (Leadinton) This Somerset family settled near Youghal, county Cork, in the late 17th century. The Reverend John...
249 (Carrig)252 (Mount Uniacke, Ballier & Castletown), 347 (Ballyvergin) Uniacke ''Burke's Irish Family Records'' gives a very detailed genealogy of this family, established in the...
250 (house at Whitegate [Charles Allen] & Traboulgan) Roche (Trabolgan) The Roches were established at Trabolgan, Whitegate, county Cork, from the mid 17th century. In 1703...
251 (Corkabeg) Fitzgerald/Penrose Fitzgerald (Corkbeg) In 1667 Garrett Fitzgerald was granted the castle, town and lands of Kilcorkbegg alias Corkbeg with...
251 (Rostellan) O'Brien (Inchiquin Castle) Murrough O'Brien, 6th Baron Inchiquin, was created 1st Earl of Inchiquin in 1654. An estate of almo...
251 (Castle Lyons) Barry Burke's Extinct Peerage records the building of Barry's Court castle by Philip de Barry in 1206. T...
251 (Kilcur) O'Brien (Kilcor) The O'Briens were settled in the Castlelyons locality of county Cork from the 17th century. At the...
252 (Castle Martyr) Boyle (Earl of Shannon) Henry Boyle, a descendent of Richard Boyle, first Earl of Cork, was created Earl of Shannon, baron o...
252 (Ahadoe) Dring The Dring family was established in county Cork from the late 17th century. They resided at Rockgro...
253 (Muckridge) Hobson (Cos Cork & Wexford) The first member of the Le Hunte family to settle in county Wexford was an officer in Cromwell's arm...
254 (Rockville) Hely Thomas Hely was among the principal lessors in the parish of Modelligo, barony of Decies-without-Dru...
254 (Snugborough) Smyth (Headborough) The Smyths were established in conty Waterford since Elizabethan times. This branch was descended fr...
255 (Grey Rock) Coghlan/Coglane (Waterford) W.C. Coghlan of Dromina owned almost 400 acres in county Waterford in the 1870s while J.D. Coghlan...
334 (Upper Grace Dieu) Anderson (Grace Dieu) In the 1870s Thomas William Anderson of Grace Dieu Lodge, county Waterford, owned 836 acres in count...
340 (Butlerstown) Sherlock (Waterford) Paul Sherlock was granted large estates in the baronies of Middlethird and Gaultiere, county Waterfo...
334 (Whitfield) Christmas Thomas Christmas was granted land in county Waterford in 1666. His descendants lived at Whitfield C...
335 (Mount Congreve) Congreve Burke indicates that this family originated in Staffordshire and descend from John Congreve, residen...
335 (iron mills) Wyse (Middlethird) The Wyse family had been associated with Waterford since Norman times. Depending on political events...
335 (Portlaw & Mayfield) May (County Waterford) According to Morris the Mays were originally a Sussex family who came to Ireland in the early sevent...
335 (Mount Bolton) Bolton (Waterford) Captain William Bolton was granted lands formerly owned by the Aylwards at Faithlegg in county Water...
335 (Curraghmore) Beresford/Le Poer Beresford The Beresford family, Marquis of Waterford and Viscount Tyrone, owned land in various parts of Irela...
338 (New Park) Newport The Newport family were influential in both the commerical and political life of the city of Waterfo...
339 (Ballinamona) Carew (Ballinamona) This branch of the Carew family descend from the family established at Castleboro, county Wexford. R...
340 (Faghs) Barron Burke asserts that this family, originally barons of Burnchurch, county Kilkenny, were a branch of t...
341 (Duck's Pool) Boate Referring to 1775, Sadleir notes George Boate of Duckspool, as among of the Waterford gentry at the...
342 (Bettyville) Power (Decies-without-Drum) Gallwey states that the various branches of the Power family were associated with this area long be...
343 (Mount Odel) O'Dell (Waterford) Edward O'Dell of Carriglea, Dungarvan, was the owner of over 3000 acres in county Waterford in the 1...
343 (Mount Odel) O'Dell (Waterford) Edward O'Dell of Carriglea, Dungarvan, was the owner of over 3000 acres in county Waterford in the 1...
344 (White's Town) Duckett (Waterford) The Ducketts had held estates in the barony of Middlethird since the later seventeenth century, most...
344 (Lota) Rogers (Lota) Rosemary ffolliott writes that Francis Rogers, a merchant of Cork city, had two sons, Robert of Lota...
344 (Dunkettle) Morris (Dunkettle) A Welsh family descended from Captain William Morris who was granted lands in East and West Carbery,...
345 (near Little Island) Hoare (Factory Hill) This family descend from Robert Hoare, fourth son of Edward Hoare of Dunkettle, county Cork, a banke...
35 (Litle Island) Bury (Little Island & Curraghbridge) A branch of the Bury family, Earls of Charleville, descended from Phineas Bury of Little Island, cou...
345 (Killycloyne) Martin (Tullagreen) The Martins held an estate at Tullagreen, parish of Carrigtohill, county Cork, in the 19th century....
345 (Springhill) Wakeham The Parliamentary Papers refer to William Wakeham of Barry's Court, county Cork, who bought some of...
345 (Barry's Court & Barry's Court Castle) Coppinger (Barryscourt) At the time of Griffith's Valuation members of this county Cork family held land, particularly in th...
345 (Balyanan), 346 (Cahermone) Brodrick (Midleton) Sir St John Brodrick of Wandsworth, Surrey, came to Ireland in the mid 17th century and was granted...
346 (Rocksborough [Ball]) McSweeney/MacSwiney (Cork) In the mid 19th century the representatives of John McSweeny held land in the county Cork parishes o...
346 (Bilberry Hill [Drury]), 347 (Mount-Bell, Ballynegan [Giles]) Garde The Gardes were originally from Kent and settled in county Cork in the mid 17th century. In the 18t...
347 (Fota) Barry/Smith-Barry (Fota) John Smith-Barry of Marbury Hall, Cheshire and Fota Island, county Cork, was a son of James Hugh Smi...
348-9 (Maryborough) Newenham (Maryborough) The Newenhams were established in county Cork from the early 17th century. This branch of the family...
349 (Mount Hovel) Farmar This family were Elizabethan settlers who came to hold land in counties Cork, Tipperary and Wexford....
349 (Pembroke Town) Boland (Passage West) In 1837 Lewis refers to Parsons Boland, JP, as the proprietor of the western end of the town of Pass...
349 (Marino) French (Marino) Marino, county Cork, was the seat of the French family in the 18th century. At the time of Griffith...
350 (Golden Bush) Wilmot (County Cork) Edward S. Wilmot is recorded as holding over 650 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. His agent was Wi...
350 (Ballyvackie) Alleyn Mrs. Ellen Alleyn was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Kilkerranmore, barony of Ibane &...
353 (Curravordrie) Baldwin (Mount Pleasant) Henry Baldwin was among the principal lessors in the parish of Templemartin, barony of Kinalmeaky, c...
353 (Ballygarvy) Alcock The representatives of Maskelyne Alcock were among the principal lessors in Kilbrogan parish, barony...
353 (Gurteen) Gillman (Cork) It appears that the Gillmans were originally an Exeter family. Members of the family held property...
354 (Derry) Gibbs (Derry) The Gibbs family of Cork city and Derry, county Cork, are possibly descended from Gibbes of Devon....
354 (Tullig [Sandes]) Saunders (Kerry) The representatives of A.L.Saunders, of Cloghjordan, county Tipperary, were the owners of over 2000...
355 (Blarney) Jefferyes Major James St. John Jefferyes/Jeffreys (1734-1796) was the son of James Jefferyes and Louisa Colman...
356 (Summer Hill) Stawell (Old Court & Crobeg) This branch of the Stawell family, like the Kilbrittain family, trace their descent from Archdeacon...
357 (Castle Cor) Freeman In the 1770s Edward Deane, son of Joseph Deane and Jane Freeman, inherited the estates of his mother...
357 (Newtown) Knight Christopher Knight of Ballynoe, parish of Ballyhay, barony of Orrery and Kilmore, county Cork, died...
357 (Castle Harrison) Harrison (Castle Harrison) This family was residing at Castle Harrison, Charleville, county Cork, from at least the mid 18th ce...
357 (Maiden Hall) Bouchier/Bourchier (Baggotstown) The Bouchiers had estates in county Limerick from Elizabethan times when they were granted some of t...
358 (Uregare) Gabbett (Strand House) Daniel Gabbett of Strand House was the third son of William Gabbett of Caherline, near Limerick city...
358 (Grange) O'Grady/Grady (The Grange) The O'Gradys of The Grange, parish of Fedamore, county Limerick, were a branch of O'Gradys of Kilbal...
359 (Ballymacrise) Greene (Ballymacreece) In 1703 Abraham Greene of Ballynard, county Limerick, bought some of the forfeited estates of James...
359 (Cahinary) Cripps This family held land in county Limerick in the 18th and early 19th centuries. In 1866 Lenihan wrot...
359 (Ballysheedy) Fitzgibbon (Ballysheedy) The Fitzgibbon family were living at Ballysheedy/Ballyseeda, county Limerick, by the mid 18th centur...
360 (Mount North) Lysaght (Mountnorth) At the end of the 17th century Nicholas Lysaght, a supporter of William III, married Grace, daughter...
360 (Temple-Mary) Purcell (Burton Park) The Purcells were settled in county Cork from the early 18th century. John Purcell of Highfort was...
360 (Egmont) Perceval In 1666 and 1668 Sir Philip Percevall was granted large estates in county Cork and over 1,000 acres...
361 (Springfield) Deane Matthew Deane came to Ireland in the mid 17th century and purchased lands in county Cork. He was ma...
361 (Appletown) Sheehy (Cork & Limerick) In the early 18th century the Sheehys were merchants in the cities of Limerick and Cork. They marrie...
362 (Roxborough) Chute It appears that this family owes its origins in county Kerry to George Chute, a soldier in the Engli...
362 (Ballyharr) Eager The Eager family in Kerry are believed to be descended from Alexander Eager, originally from Queen's...
362 (Prospect) Supple (Aghadoe) The Supple family were said to be descended from the De Capells of county Cork and they were related...
362 (Fagha [Falvey]) Bernard/Morrogh-Bernard According to Burke, Edward Murrough married Martha Bernard of the county Kerry family and their son...
363 (Keel) Langford ''Irish Family Records" states that William Langford was living at Gurteengary, county Limerick in 1...
363 (Caherconlish) Wilson (Caherconlish) Sir Ralph Wilson, knight, was granted 830 acres in the barony of Clanwilliam, including Caherconlish...
363 (Cloverfield & Kildromin) Lloyd Apjohn (Linfield) This branch of the Lloyd family are descended from Rickard Lloyd, a younger son of Thomas Lloyd of T...
363 (Kilteely [McNamara]) Ryan (Scarteen) The Ryan family were settled at Ballyvistea, county Tipperary, close to the county Limerick border f...
364 (Newtown) Ellard The Ellards were established at Newtown from at least the mid 18th century. In 1839 Richard Ellard...
364 (Prospect) Bradshaw (Oola) At the time of Griffith's Valuation members of the Bradshaw family, John, Miss Anne L. and Samuel we...
364 (Castle Lloyd) Lloyd (Castle Lloyd) This family was established in county Limerick from the 17th century and resided at Towerhill. The L...
364 (Pegsborough) Stanley Thomas P. Power writes how the Stanleys acquired their Irish estates through the marriage, in 1747,...
364 (Sprimgfield [English]) Sadleir (Sadleirswells) The Sadleirswells branch of this county Tipperary family descend from Nicholas Sadleir of Golden Gar...
364 (Spring House) McCarthy (Springhouse) Justin McCarthy of Springhouse, county Tipperary, is mentioned in the Ryan of Inch Papers in 1723 an...
364 (Bansha) Butler (Bansha) A branch of the Butler family who had connections with the Earls of Ormonde and the Barons Dunboyne...
364 (Lismacue) Baker (Lismacue) The Baker family settled in county Tipperary in the mid 17th century, Walter Baker having obtained a...
364 (Ashgrove) Ashe (Ashgrove, Templeneiry) Descended from a Somerset family, Jonathan Ashe settled in the barony of Clanwilliam, county Tippera...
364 (Ballydavid) Baker/Cole Baker At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Reverend George Cole Baker held land in the parishes of Cord...
364 (Cappagh) Dawson/Massy-Dawson (Ballynacourte) In 1666 John Dawson was granted an estate of over 2,900 acres in county Tipperary including the cast...
364 (Ballymorris) O'Meagher/Meagher The O'Meagher family were well established in county Tipperary by the 16th century. At the time of G...
364 (Clover-Hill) Riall A Quaker family established in Clonmel by the end of the 17th century, who later became involved in...
365 (Golden [Alleyn]) Creaghe (Castlepark) Richard Creaghe was living at Castlepark, barony of Clanwilliam, county Tipperary, in the early 19th...
366 (Castlelake [Burke]) Hall (Castlelake) In the mid 19th century General Hall held land in the parish of Relickmurry and Athassel, barony of...
368 (Darling Hill) Carleton (Co Tipperary) The Carletons were located in the Clonmel area of county Tipperary from the late 17th century. In 17...
368 (Ardmayle) Price (Ardmayle) In the mid 19th century William Price held land in the parishes of Ballysheehan, Brickendown, Kilcon...
369 (Inch) Ryan (Inch) The Ryan family were located at Inch, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary, from the late 17th cent...
369 (Fishmoyne & Lloydsborough) Carden (Templemore & Fishmoyne) The Cardens settled at Templemore, county Tipperary, in the mid 17th century. In 1717 John Carden...
369 (Tiermoyle & Rapla) Crawford In the mid 19th century William Cooper Crawford, son of Cooper Crawford, held land in the parishes o...
369 (Castle Willington) Willington (Castle Willington) Jonathan Willington, the third son of James and Mary Willington of Killoskehane Castle, county Tippe...
369 (Willington) Willington (Killoskehane) The Willingtons were settled at Killoshehane, county Tipperary, by the mid 18th century. James Will...
369 (Beech Wood) Toler The Earl of Norbury held land in various parts of Ireland including counties Sligo, Mayo and Clare,...
369 (Moderenny) Dancer Sir Thomas Dancer, an alderman and Mayor of Waterford city, was created a baronet in 1662. In 1668 h...
369 (Sapwell-Hall) Sadleir (Sopwell Hall, Castletown & Ballinderry) This branch of the Sadleir family descend from Colonel Thomas Sadleir of Sopwell Hall, county Tipper...
369 (Castle Shepherd) Sheppard This family descend from a Cromwellian officer, Captain Thomas Sheppard, who was granted over 1,400...
370 (Rahanane) Abbott (Burgesbeg) In the mid 19th century Mrs Mary Abbot held two townlands in the parish of Burgesbeg, barony of Owne...
370 (Lisbrien) Falkiner (Mount Falcon) A family originally from Yorkshire and settled in Dublin by the late 17th century. Richard Falkiner...
370 (Iscane) Carrol (Kilmore) The Carrol family was settled at Tulla, county Tipperary, from the 17th century. William Parker Carr...
370 (Greyfort) Stoney (Co Tipperary) Thomas Stoney from Yorkshire came to Ireland in the late 17th century and settled in county Tipperar...
370 (Noan) Taylor (Noan) In 1666 Nathaniel Taylor, an officer in Cromwell's army, was ganted an estate of approximately 1,000...
371 (Coolquill) Gahan In 1666 Daniel Gahan and his wife Susanna, widow of Thomas Ashe, were granted of about 1,000 Irish a...
371 (Lisnarock) Langley (Coal Brook) A family descended from a Cromwellian soldier,Henry Charles Langley, who was given 1,795 acres in 16...
371 (Wilford) Butler (Ash Park & Wilford) William Butler of Park died in 1800 and was succeeded by his son James, born 1785, who later became...
371 (Mohober) Scott John Scott, Chief Justice of the Court of King's Bench, was created Earl of Clonmell in 1793. His s...
371 (Rosenaharly) Poe (Harley Park) A branch of the Poe family descended from Captain James Poe, third son of Emmanuel Poe. Captain Jam...
371 (Killaghy) Despard The Despards were resident at Killaghy Castle, county Tipperary, from the early 18th century. In the...