Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Stannix

In the mid 19th century Miss Emma Stannix held at least 11 townlands in the parish of Moycarky, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary. In the mid 1870s the representatives of Jeremiah Stannix held 2,054 acres in county Tipperary. There is a reference to the provisions of the will of Miss Emma Stannix in a letter in the papers of Archbishop Thomas William Croke of Thurles dated 1 December 1886. There are references to the representatives of Emma Stannix holding untenanted lands at Ashhill and Knocknanuss, parish of Moycarky, in 1906.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Shanbally House (Moycarkey) Shanbally Moycarkey Thurles Moycarkey 133 Eliogarty Tipperary OSI Ref: S140536
OS Sheet:
Discovery map: