Thomas Edward Hearn of Hearnsbrook is recorded as a resident proprietor in 1824. At the time of Griffith's Valuation this property was held by George Hearn Kirkaldy. In the 1870s G.D.H. Kirkaldy of Dublin is recorded as owning 644 acres in county Roscommon. At the same time the Trustees of Kirkaldys, Edinburgh, Scotland, are recorded as owning 2090 acres in county Galway. In 1906 the owners of Hearnesbrook were James A. Hunter and H.E. McKay.
|Name||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
|Hearnesbrook||Hearnesbrook Demesne||Killimorbologue||Portumna||Killimor 174||Longford||Galway||
OSI Ref: M792130
OS Sheet: 107
Discovery map: 53
OSI Ref: M757823
OS Sheet: 21
Discovery map: 33
- Hearn of Hearnesbrooke papers; James Hardiman Library, National University of Ireland, Galway
- Longfield, Kelly & Armstrong, Solicitors' Collection includes Land Commission papers re the Hearnesbrook estate. Small Accs. Index 47, 2C 47 118; National Archives of Ireland
- Hearnesbrook. Photographs 024/078.; Irish Architectural Archive
- Map of estate of G.D.H. Kirkaldy at Coolbaun, Connorspark & Raheen, Co Galway, 1862. M.325; National Archives of Ireland
- Copy wills of Mrs Eliza Louisa Kirkaldy of Hearnesbrook, 1832. T.2173; National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- DUTTON, Hely. ''Statistical and agricultural survey of the county of Galway''. Dublin: Royal Dublin Society, 1824. : 416.
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 216
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol. II, 147.
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 335.
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Castlerea Union, 26.
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Portumna Union, 16.
- TAYLOR, George & SKINNER, Andrew. ''Maps of the Roads of Ireland, surveyed in 1777 and corrected down to 1783''. Facsimile of 2nd edition. Shannon: Irish University Press, 1969: 88.
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 252
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 300
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 149.
- WILSON, William. ''The Post-Chaise Companion or Travellers Directory Through Ireland''. The author: Dublin, 1786 : 139 (Hearnsbrook)