Landed Estates
NUI Galway
Reference Source

PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395

Source Details

Category Contemporary printed sources

Estate Records Citing this Source

Found 298 estate records citing this source.

Reference Estate Name Estate Description
159 Goodacre A valuation and report of the Tonatanvally estate, parish of Achill, county Mayo in 1872 shows that...
159 Irwin (Kilcummin) At the time of Griffith's Valuation Bridget Irwin held land in the parishes of Kilcummin and Templem...
159 Beere At the time of Griffith's Valuation Richard Beere held two townlands in the parish of Bohola and one...
160 Savage At the time of Griffith's Valuation Robert Savage, the postmaster at Bangor Erris, held a townland i...
167. McFadden In the 1870s the representatives of James McFadden owned over 1100 acres in county Sligo. At the tim...
167. Ormsby Ruttledge Margaret Ormsby Rutledge held property in Kilmacshalgan and Templeboy parishes, barony of Tireragh a...
167. Taylor (Sligo) At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Robert George Taylor was in possession of the townland of Moyga...
167. Williams Thomas H. Williams is recorded as the proprietor of over 1100 acres in county Sligo in the 1870s. At...
167. Beatty In the 1870s Richard Beatty is recorded as the proprietor of almost 600 acres in county Sligo. At th...
167. Barrett (Culleenamore) The Barrett family were descended from prosperous Sligo merchants in the later 17th and early 18th c...
167. Cogan (Rockbrook) The Cogan family occupied a property which in the early 18th century had belonged to the Phibbs fami...
167. Digby (Tireragh) The Digby family held land in various parts of Tireragh barony as well as property in the town of Sl...
167 Gough (Sligo) Robert Gough was the lessor of over 800 acres in the barony of Tirerrill at the time of Griffith's V...
167. Herne & Starke Rev. William Herne and Capt. Starke were lessors in the parish of Achonry at the time of Griffith's...
167. Johnston (Boyle) John Johnston is recorded as one of the principal lessors in the parish of Eastersnow, barony of Boy...
167. Lloyd (Killoran) Several townlands in Killoran parish are described as the property of Owen Lloyd in the OS Name Book...
167 McAlpine (Sligo) Conyngham McAlpine was the proprietor of over 700 acres in county Sligo in the 1870s. At the time of...
167. McCarthy In the 1870s Helena McCarthy, with an address in Dublin, is recorded as the owner of over 900 acres...
168 MacDermot (Coolavin) The MacDermots were the original hereditary owners of the lands in Coolavin, hence the family title...
168. McHugh John McHugh is recorded as the lessor of lands in the baronies of Leyny and Corran at the time of Gr...
168. McManus (Sligo) At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Thomas McManus was the lessor of lands in the parishes of Achon...
163 O'Reilly (Heath House) Family papers, including a history of Myles John O'Reilly's estates in counties Sligo and Roscommon...
163 Pakenham The Honourable and Reverend Henry Pakenham was the fifth son of Edward Michael Pakenham, 2nd Baron L...
148 (Galway), 163 (Roscommon). Trench (Woodlawn) The Trench family at Woodlawn were one of a number of Trench families who came to prominence in coun...
163 Caulfeild (Hon Henry) In the mid 19th century the Honourable Henry Caulfeild, second son of the 1st Earl of Charlemont, ow...
163 Champagne The Reverend Arthur Champagne was born in the early 1720s at Castle Forbes, county Longford. He was...
163 Dowell (Co Roscommon) In the 1850s Miss Eliza Dowell held a townland in the each of the parishes of Kiltoom and Taghboy an...
168 Mossman The Mossman family acquired lands in Sligo through marriage into the Nicholson family. At the time o...
168. Nolan (Tobercurry) Edmond/Edward John Nolan was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Achonry, barony of Leyny,...
168. O'Beirne The O'Beirne family held property in the town of Sligo. They appear to also have had long leases on...
163 Bailey At the time of Griffith's Valuation Robert J. Bailey held 3 townlands in the parish of Oran, barony...
163 Barton The centre of the Barton estate was at Waterfoot near Pettigo in county Donegal. Through marriages w...
163 Cassidy One source records Matthew Cassidy as owning 881 acres in county Roscommon in the latter part of the...
163 Fetherston Francis Fetherston was the owner of over 200 acres in county Leitrim in the 1870s with substantial e...
168. Ormsby (Tireragh) This branch of the Orsmby family held lands in parts of Tireragh barony including the parishes of...
168. Ormsby (Farrenmacfarrell) The Ormsby family held land in the parish of Kilmacshalgan through much of the 19th century. The pro...
168. Parke According to O'Rorke, the Parkes received land under the Cromwellian settlement and established them...
168. Phibbs (Tirerrill) The Phibbs family owned several estates in the barony of Tirerril including that at Corradoo East....
168. Popham The Popham family held lands in counties Roscommon & Sligo. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Ale...
168. Powell McTernan notes that the Powells settled in the barony of Leyny as grantees under the Cromwellian set...
168. Ramsay The Ramsay estate held property at Rathedmond and in the town of Sligo. Various portions of this est...
168. Rogers (Co Sligo & Ashgrove, Co Cork) Robert A. Rogers, together with the Earl of Aldborough and William Beamish, were lessors of lands in...
163 Hamilton Christopher Hamilton's estate in the parish of Drumatemple, barony of Ballymoe, county Roscommon was...
168. Thompson The Thompsons of Clonskeagh Castle, county Dublin owned land in the parish of Kilgarvan, barony of G...
168. Walker The Walker family were descended from prosperous merchants in Sligo town. James Walker, initially le...
164 Lyster (Fairymount) At the time of Griffith's Valuation Anne Lyster held an estate in the parish of Kilgefin, barony of...
169. Gardiner (Tirerrill) Richard Gardiner was leasing lands from Lord Lorton's estate at Carrowkeel, barony of Tirerrill at t...
148. Burke (Marble Hill) The Burke family of Marble Hill were among the most influential families in county Galway in the 19t...
148. Trench (Garbally) Burke indicates that the Trenches originated in France but settled in the North of England. Frederic...
148. Burke (Clanricarde) The Clanricarde estate was one of the largest in county Galway. Lord Clanrickard, a minor, is liste...
148. Dillon (Clonbrock) The Dillons were a Norman family who initially received grants of land in Westmeath and who later ac...
148. Daly (Dunsandle & Carnakelly) The Daly family of Dunsandle derived from Daly of Carnakelly in the parish of Kiltullagh. They bough...
148. Pollok (Lismany) At the time of Griffith's Valuation Allan Pollok was the owner of considerable property in various p...
148. Guinness Sir Benjamin Lee Guinness of the famous brewing family began to purchase Connacht estates for sale i...
148. Law Life Assurance Society At the time of Griffith's Valuation this company held two townlands in the parish of Kilgeever, baro...
148. Barfoot Peter and Henrietta Barfoot were major lessors of property in the barony of Aran at the time of Grif...
148. Bellew (Mountbellew) The Bellew family of Williamstown, county Louth, were granted lands in the parish of Moylough, baron...
148. Blake (Ballyglunin) In ''Blake Family Records'' Martin J. Blake states that Martin Blake of Cummer, county Galway, purch...
148. Hodgson The Hodgson family came to Ireland from Whitehaven in Cumberland, England and were mine owners in Av...
148. Lahiff The Lahiff family held property in various parishes in the barony of Kiltartan. They occupied a hous...
148. Clements The Clements family in Ireland were descended from Daniel Clements, a Cromwellian officer, originall...
148. Lynch (Barna) According to Burke's ''Landed Gentry of Ireland'' the Barna estate came into the possession of the L...
148. Nugent (Pallas) In 1677 Thomas Nugent was granted an estate of 3,250 acres in the baronies of Leitrim and Longford,...
148. Shee Charles ffrench Blake Forster traces this family's lineage from O'Shee of county Tipperary, who late...
148. Blake (Towerhill & Bunowen) The Blakes of Menlo Castle, county Galway, held the lands of Clonyne and Clooneen or Towerhill, pari...
148. Blakeney (Abbert) Robert Blakeney, a member of a family of Elizabethan settlers, was granted lands at Castle Blakeney,...
148 Campbell Lord Campbell gained possession of the Moycullen and West Barna estates of Andrew Henry Lynch in the...
148. Cannon Henry Cannon bought the village of Kilmaine, county Mayo, and surrounding townlands from the Millers...
148. Chevers (Killian/Killyan) The Chevers/Cheevers family originally owned estates in counties Wexford and Meath. Following their...
148. Bingham (Newbrook) This estate was founded by John Bingham of Foxford, county Mayo, younger brother of Sir Henry Bingha...
148. Comyn (Woodstock) From the mid 17th century the Comyn family were established at Kilcorney in county Clare. In 1796 L...
148. Daly (Raford) The Daly family of Raford were descended from the Dalys of Carnakelly. The Raford estate was bought...
149 Ball William S. Ball of Abbeylara, county Longford, held 2 townlands in the parish of Dunmore, barony of...
149 Connell Francis J. Connell was one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Ballymacward and Kilconnell,...
149 Corr Henry Corr held land from the Goffs at Derrane, parish of Kilbride, barony of Ballintober South, cou...
149 McDermott (Streamstown) At the time of Griffith's Valuation the estate at Streamstown, parish of Tynagh, was held by Michael...
148. Gough The Goughs were a Wiltshire family members of whom settled in the south of Ireland in the 1620s. Sir...
148. Graham (Ballynakill Lodge) Patrick Melvin writes that the Grahams bought a 6000 acre estate at Ballynakill, barony of Ballynahi...
148. Gregory The Coole estate was purchased by Robert Gregory from the Martyns of Tullira in 1768 on his return f...
148. Handcock Patrick Melvin writes that Carrowntryla was originally a Burke property, which was sold in 1753 to A...
148 Henry (Kylemore) Mitchell Henry was a doctor who was left a large fortune by his father, a Manchester merchant, in 18...
148. Henry (Toghermore) Hugh Robert Henry, a younger son of Hugh Henry of Lodge Park, Straffan, county Kildare was the first...
148 Joyce (Clifden) In the 1870s John Joyce of Clifden owned 5,365 acres in county Galway.
148. Kirwan (Castlehacket) In the 16th century the Castlehacket and Cahermorris estates near Tuam in county Galway belonged to...
148. Lewis (Galway) An Aylward property from the 17th century, which passed by a marriage in 1824 to a branch of the Lew...
148. McDonnell (Dunmore) Martin McDonnell was a merchant from Roscommon who prospered significantly in the mid 19th century....
148. Mahon (Castlegar) The Mahons were settled at Castlegar from the early 18th century. In 1711 the Earl of Clanricarde l...
148. Netterville The descendants of a younger son of the 1st Viscount Netterville established an estate at Lecarrow,...
148. Nolan (Ballinderry) The Nolans were Elizabethan settlers in the Ballinrobe area of county Mayo. They lost most of their...
148. O'Hara (Lenaboy) The O'Haras of Lenaboy had been established in the town of Galway since the early 18th century and m...
148. Persse (Roxborough & Moyode) The Persse family first received grants of land in counties Galway and Roscommon in the 1670s. Some...
148. Redington (Kilcornan) The Redington family estate was centred on their house at Kilcornan. This had previously been a Burk...
148. Smyth (Masonbrook) The Smyths acquired property in and around the Loughrea area in the early 19th century. In 1828 they...
148. St. George (Headford) The St Georges were a Cambridgeshire family who were granted lands in the Headford area by the Cromw...
148. Shawe-Taylor Walter Taylor was granted almost a thousand acres in the barony of Kiltartan, county Galway in Febru...
148. Vesey (Castlebar) George Vesey of Castlebar held the townland of Cahernabrock, parish of Shrule, barony of Kilmaine, c...
148. Wilberforce (Inishbofin) In 1854 Henry William Wilberforce, a brother of the Reverend Robert Wilberforce of Ballynakill paris...
148. Barrett (Greenhills & Ballintava) At the time of Griffith's Valuation, John Samuel Barrett was leasing the Greenhills estate in the pa...
148. Blake (Cloghballymore) Cloghballymore was originally a Kilkelly property but it was granted to the Ffrenchs in the later 17...
148. Blake (Hollypark) In 1824 Pierce Blake of Hollypark is described as a resident proprietor in county Galway. Peter Blak...
148. Blake (Kiltullagh, Frenchfort & Vermount) The lands of Kiltullagh/Kiltolla, parish of Oranmore, barony of Dunkellin, county Galway, were grant...
148. Blake (Cregg Castle) The Blakes of Cregg Castle, county Galway, were descended from the Blakes of Renvyle and Kiltolla an...
148. Browne (Moyvilly & Mounthazel) The Moyvilly estate, near Oranmore, county Galway, was granted to the Brownes under the Acts of Sett...
148 [Mrs. Browne & Mrs. Fitzpatrick] Fitzpatrick The Fitzpatricks were a family from Grantstown, county Laois. They were related to the Fitzpatricks...
148. Burke (Danesfield) The Burkes of Danesfield, parish and barony of Moycullen, county Galway, owned an estate of about 2,...
148. Butson The Ordnance Survey Name Books record the Butson estate as the proprietor of church lands in the par...
148. Caulfeild (Dunamon) The Dunamon estate was held under a lease for 500 years from John King, Lord Kingston to Thomas Caul...
148. Clarke (Graig Abbey) The Clarke family were leasing the Graig Abbey property from the Warburton estate at the time of Gri...
148. Comerford In 1845 Henry Comerford, a merchant of Galway, offered £40,000 for the O'Neill estate at Bunowen, ba...
148. Cowan Joseph H. Cowan was in possession of an estate in the baronies of Leitrim and Longford, county Gal...
148. Daly (Kiltartan) An estate at Roo, in the barony of Kiltartan, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates court in Ap...
148. Daly (Castledaly) This branch of the Dalys were descended from the Dalys of Killimer and also Dalysgrove, near Ahascra...
148. D'Arcy (Woodville) Robert D'Arcy is described as a resident proprietor in 1824. At the time of Griffith's Valuation he...
148. Day At the time of Griffith's Valuation William M. Day held land in the parish of Kilbennan, barony of D...
148. Digby (Moat Lodge) The Digby's title to their estate in the barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, commenced with the marria...
148. O'Conor Donelan The Sylaun estate in the parish of Belclare, barony of Clare, county Galway, belonged to a branch of...
148. Eyre (Eyrecourt & Eyreville) Giles Eyre, Eyrecourt Castle and Thomas Knutford Eyre, Eyreville, are described as resident propriet...
148. Fetherston/Fetherstonhaugh (Derryhivney) The Featherstonhaugh family held estates in the midlands of Ireland, especially county Westmeath, si...
148. ffrench (Ballinamore) The Honourable Martin ffrench was a younger brother of Sir Thomas ffrench, 3rd Baron. Martin ffrenc...
148 Frewen In 1850 Thomas Frewen of Brickwall House, Sussex, purchased two townlands in the parish of Omey, bar...
148. Galbraith The Galbraith family acquired lands in east Galway which had previously belonged to the O'Fahys, fol...
148. Goodbody James Perry Goodbody of Beechmount, Clara, county Offaly, owned an estate of 2,309 acres in county G...
148. Gore (Baronet) In the mid 1850s Sir St George Gore, 8th Baronet, held at least 15 townlands in the parishes of Boyo...
148. Gunning (Kilroe) John J. Gunning, tanner of Galway, bought land in the parish of Kilcoona, barony of Clare, county Ga...
148 Hastings (Huntingdon, Earl of) In the 1870s, the Hastings family, Earls of Huntingdon, held over 6000 acres in county Waterford as...
148 & 151. Jameson (Windfield) The Jamesons were a Dublin family well known in the 19th century distilling and banking circles of t...
148. Joyce (Rusheen) In the 1870s Martin B. Joyce of Rusheen, Clonbur, county Galway, owned 6,059 acres in county Galway....
148. Joyce (Mervue) The Joyces of Mervue, Corgary and Rahasane were all descended from a family of Joyces long establish...
148. Joyce (Rahasane) The Joyce family of Rahasane were connected with the Joyces of Mervue and also of Corgary. They hel...
148. Kelly (Newtown) A family with county Roscommon origins, members of 18th century generations of the Kellys served in...
148. Kelly (Muckloon) In 1728 the Kellys settled at Muckloon, parish of Taghboy, barony of Killian, county Galway, which t...
148. Kenney/Fitzgerald-Kenney The Kenneys, originally from Somerset, settled in county Wexford in the late 16th century. In the 1...
148. Kilkelly (Drimcong) Originally large landowners in the Kinvarra area of south county Galway, the Kilkelly estates had be...
149. Kilkelly (Mossfort) John Kilkelly bought his estate at Mossfort in the parish of Donaghpatrick, barony of Clare, county...
149. Hearn/Hearn Kirkaldy Thomas Edward Hearn of Hearnsbrook is recorded as a resident proprietor in 1824. At the time of Grif...
149. Kirwan (Gardenfield) An estate in the parish of Tuam, county Galway, was restored to Martin Kirwan and his eldest son Ric...
149. Kirwan (Blindwell) Descended from a younger son of the Kirwans of Gardenfield, the Kirwans of Blindwell, built up a sub...
149. Kirwan (Cregg) The Kirwans of Galway city were established at Cregg Castle in the parish of Annaghdown, barony of C...
149. Knox /Blake Knox (Moyne Abbey) The senior branch of the Knox family in county Mayo who were descended from William Knox of Castlere...
149. Lambert (Cregclare) In 1824 Walter Lambert, Creggaclare, Walter Lambert, Castle Lambert, Walter Lambert, Lambert Lodge,...
149. Lambert (Castle Ellen) The Lambert family came originally from Yorkshire but were settled in county Galway since the reign...
149. Lambert (Castle Lambert) During the 19th century the Lamberts, a junior branch of the Lamberts of Creg Clare, county Galway,...
149. Lattey A document in a Galway solicitors' collection records Arthur Pittar Lattey and Robert John Lattey, b...
149. Lawrence (Lawrencetown) The Lawrence family are first recorded in east Galway in the late 16th century. A John Lawrence marr...
149. Longworth John Longworth was the owner of property in the parish of Aughrim at the time of Griffith's Valuatio...
149. McDermott (Springfield) According to William Keaveney this estate in the parish of Templetogher, barony of Ballymoe, county...
149. McDermott (Ramore/Rathmore) James Anthony McDermott of Ramore married Mary Agnes Blake of Cregg Castle in the early 19th century...
149. Martin (Ross) The Martin family were established beside Ross Lake in the barony of Moycullen, county Galway, from...
149. Martin (Bushy Park) Robert Martin held an estate in the parishes of Kilcummin and Kilannin, barony of Moycullen, county...
149. Martyn (Tulira) In 1824 Edward Martyn is listed as a resident proprietor in county Galway. John Martyn was the owner...
149. Meldon James Dillon Meldon, a Dublin lawyer, bought part of the Glencorrib estate of Arthur Dillon Browne,...
149. Brady/Brady-Murray James Brady-Murray is recorded as holding about 300 acres of untenanted demesne land together with a...
149. O'Farrell/Farrell (Dalystown Demesne) In the 1830s Dalystown House is described as the home of Dr. O'Ferrall. At the time of Griffith's Va...
149. O'Flahertie (Lemonfield) The O'Flaherties of Lemonfield are descended from the O'Flaherties of Aughnenure Castle near Oughter...
149. O'Reilly (Colmanstown) The O'Reillys of Knock Abbey, county Louth were a branch of the O'Reilly family of East Brefny repre...
149. Reade/Read The Reades were originally a Westmeath family who married into the Featherstonehaugh family. John Ce...
149. Richards (Ballymoe) The Richards family owned an estate in the parishes of Kilcroan and Kilbegnet, barony of Ballymoe an...
149. Richardson In the mid 19th century Thomas Richardson owned the Tiaquin estate in the parish of Monivea, barony...
149. Roche (Ryehill) In the late 18th century the Ryehill estate in the parish of Monivea, barony of Tiaquin, county Galw...
150 Browne/Beale Browne One source suggests that Thomas Beale Browne of Salperton, Gloucestershire and Crotta, county Kerry,...
149. Ruttledge (Barbersfort) A county Galway estate in the parish of Killererin, barony of Clare, purchased by Robert Ruttledge f...
149. Ryan (Murroogh) James Henry Ryan lived for a time in the house Murroogh, parish of Oranmore, on the outskirts of Gal...
149. Seymour (Galway) The Seymour family first settled in east Galway in the late 17th century. The families at Ballymore...
149. Smith/Leigh Smith B. Leigh Smith is recorded as the owner of almost 3,000 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. This ma...
149. Erasmus Smith Schools, Governors (Galway) An estate in the parishes of St Nicholas and Oranmore, barony of Galway, was owned by the Governors...
149. Smith (Willmount) William Smith was leasing the house at Willmount to Thomas Mahon in 1855. The Smith estate amounted...
149. Smyth (New Park) In 1808 Ralph Smyth of Barbaville, Collinstown, county Westmeath, married Eliza daughter and heiress...
150 Corbishley Bartholomew Corbishley owned over 600 acres in the 1870s. He was apparently preceded by Samuel K. Co...
149. Tandy Mary Tandy is recorded as one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Clonrush and Inishcaltra,...
149. Thewles In the 18th century Wentworth Thewles of Harristown, Co Kildare, owned lands in counties Mayo, Leitr...
149. Thomson The Salrock/Salruck estate, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway, originally belonged to the Miller...
149. Ussher [Usher] (Eastwell) This family share a common ancestry with the other Ussher families in Ireland. At the end of the 17t...
149. Blake (Ardfry) By patent dated 24 Feb 1681 the Blakes were granted almost 12,000 acres in counties Galway and Mayo,...
149. Whitaker The Reverend Charles Whitaker bought an estate of over 5000 acres in the parish of Kilcummin, barony...
149. Woodcock and Stanford In the 1850s Mary Woodcock and George Stamfort/Stanford/Stainforth(?) held an estate comprised of fi...
149. Young (Doohulla) Tim Robinson writes that John K. Boswell sold his estate at Doohulla, parish of Ballindoon, barony o...
150 Fowler In the mid 19th century the representatives of Jasper V. Fowler held the townlands of Carrowreagh Ea...
150 & 151. Hone At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Hone held 4 townlands in the parish of Kilkerrin, barony...
149. Athy The Athy family were one of the original Tribes of Galway. Their estate was mainly centred around th...
151. Alexander The OS Names Books record Arthur Alexander as the proprietor of lands in the parish of Ardrahan in t...
151. Bagwell (Marlfield) In 1749 William Bagwell, Member of Parliament for Clonmel married Jane daughter and co heir of John...
151. de Basterot Fahey states that Frances, daughter of James French of Duras/Doorus, married a French gentleman, Bar...
151 Birchenough The estate of Samuel Birchenough, a bankrupt, in the parish of Athenry, amounting to over 350 acres,...
151 Birmingham (Dalgin & Millbrook) The Birminghams of Dalgin, parish of Addergoole, barony of Dunmore, county Galway, were descended fr...
151 Blake (Ross Lodge) The Blakes of Ross Lodge were a junior branch of the Towerhill family and held a small estate in the...
151 Blake (Lisduff) The estate of Henry Martin Blake, at Lisduff, in the barony of Longford, county Galway, amounting to...
151 Blake (Annaghdown) An estate advertised for sale by the Rochforts in 1856 and bought by the Blakes of nearby Cregg Cast...
151 Bodkin (Castletown & Mountsilk) From the 17th century the Bodkins were established in the parish of Moylough, barony of Tiaquin, cou...
151. Bodkin (Roseberry) An estate comprised of 2 townlands in the parish of Kilcroan, barony of Ballymoe, county Galway, was...
151. Boland Part of the estate of Denis Boland, including the house at Rosehill and property in the town of Gort...
151 Browne (Kirkullen) At the time of Griffith's Valuation Michael D. Browne held one townland in the parish and barony of...
151. Bruen James Bruen was a Cromwellian soldier who settled at Boyle in county Roscommon. A descendant, Colon...
151. Butler (Bunnahow & Walterstown) Both Hussey de Burgh and the Landowners state that William Butler of Bunmahon, owned an estate of ov...
151. Butler (Doon & Thornpark) The Butlers of Doonemulvihill, county Clare and Thornpark, county Galway are descended from James Bu...
151. Callanan (Co Galway) The Callanans are recorded as residing at Skecoor from at least the early 19th century. Matilda Call...
151. Comyn (Kilconnell) Burke's ''Landed Gentry of Ireland'' states that Andrew Comyn of Ryefield, county Roscommon, married...
151. Coolohan/Colohan Martin Coolohan was leasing a property at Ballyeighter, barony of Clonmacnowen from the Clonbrock es...
151 Sewell Thomas Bermingham Daly Henry Sewell was a son of Elizabeth Bermingham and Thomas Bailey Heath Sewell...
151. Cornwall At the time of Griffith's Valuation Matthew Cornwall held 3 townlands in the parish and barony of Ki...
151. Courtney (Athenry) At the time of Griffith's Valuation Thomas Courtney was leasing Prospect House/Lodge in Athenry to J...
151 Shea A John Shea was granted lands in a number of county Galway baronies in March 1678/9. Gartside Shea o...
151. Dames Maunsell Dames was the proprietor of two townlands in the parish of Killoran, barony of Longford at...
151 Davies (Dunkellin) The estate of Edward Michael Davies at Moneyteigue in the barony of Dunkellin, was offered for sale...
151 Davy Thomas Davy is listed as the holder of over 350 acres in county Galway in the 1870s.
151. Ellis (Ballymoe) Robert H. Elllis held land in the parish of Cloonygormican, barony of Ballymoe, county Roscommon at...
151. Flanagan (Eyrecourt) At the time of Griffith's Valuation Henry Flanagan was leasing property at Lisdooaun, parish of Dona...
151. French (Annaghmore) Annaghmore East, parish of Moylough, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, was advertised for sale in 18...
151. Geoghegan (Killoran) John P. Geoghegan is recorded as one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Killoran and Kiltor...
151. Handy A county Westmeath family, prominent Methodists, who owned land in the Killala area from at least th...
151. Hartigan Rev. Edward Hartigan's residence was at Carrowmana, Kilconnell, in 1814. An Edward Hartigan is recor...
151. Holmes (Rockwood) In 1853 John Galway Holmes bought 271 acres of Carraghy, parish of Annaghdown, barony of Clare, coun...
151. Keaveny In the 1879s Malachi Keaveny owned 724 acres in county Galway. His address was Stonepark, Glenamadd...
151 Taylor (Clontuskert) Lands in the barony of Clonmacnowen, county Galway, were granted to Walter Taylor in December 1678....
151 Walsh (Loughrea) Cecilia Walsh is recorded as the lessor of several townlands in the parish of Kilconickny, barony of...
150. Lynch (Lavally) This branch of the Lynchs were able to trace their ancestors back to at least the 14th century in th...
149 Prendergast (Loughrea) At the time of Griffith's Valuation Rose Prendergast was the lessor of the townland of Carra, barony...
150. Trench (Clonfert) John E. Trench was a significant landowner in the parish of Ballymacward, barony of Kilconnell and t...
149. Lynch (Duniry) The estate at Springvale was occupied by Francis Lynch at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1...
150. Burke (Moyglass) Under the Acts of Settlement John Burke was granted over 300 acres around Moyglass, barony of Leitri...
150. Connellan Hussey de Burgh records Peter Connellan as the owner of over 600 acres in county Galway in the 1870s...
152. Carrick/Carrig Patrick Carrick was leasing property in the parishes of Beagh, Kilmacduagh and Kitartan at the time...
169. Burrowes (Sligo) In 1856 Alexander Burrowes offered for sale his estate at Carrowcrin, barony of Tirerrill. The sale...
155 Butler (Roscommon) Humphrey Butler is recorded as one of the principal lessors in the parish of Kilnamanagh, barony of...
155 Beresford/Le Poer Beresford The Beresford family, Marquis of Waterford and Viscount Tyrone, owned land in various parts of Irela...
155 Lawder/Lauder The Lawders were a Scottish family who came to Ireland in the late 16th century marrying into landed...
155 Cronyn Mrs. Martha Cronyn, of Sadler's Wells, Kent, England, is recorded as owning over 800 acres in county...
153 & 159 Anderson (Cross) General John Anderson bought the lands of Cross, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, from the sale of t...
148 Trinity College, Dublin, Provost & Fellows (Munster) In 1666 the Provost, Fellows and Scholars of Trinity College, Dublin, were granted a total of 61,017...
74 Marshall (County Kerry) John Marshall, son of Robert, assignee to Sir William Petty, was granted 58,701 acres in the barony...
74 Simpson (Corkaguiny) Richard A Simpson was the lessor of townlands in the parishes of Minard and Kinard, in the barony of...
74. Warren (Warren's Court) Robert Warren, an army officer, established himself in the East Carberry area of county Cork in the...
74. Townsend (Castletownsend) Burke's ''Irish Family Records'' indicates that the first of this family to be established in Irelan...
74. Palmer In March 1860, a fee-farm rental, the property of John Palmer, was offered for sale in the Landed Es...
74. Stokes The Stokes family first settled in county Limerick in the seventeenth century but gained estates in...
74. Barry (County Kerry) Capt. James Barry was the lessor of several townlands in the parish of Kilgarrylander, barony of Tru...
74. Blackwood Sir Henry Blackwood held property in the parish of Killiney, barony of Corkaguiny, at the time of Gr...
74 Dodd (Killorglin) Henry William Dodd is recorded as the owner of over 1000 acres in county Kerry in the 1870s. He was...
74. Donovan (Tralee) Nicholas Donovan, of Denny St and Seafield, Tralee, was the owner of over 1200 acres in county Kerry...
74 & 75. Foley (Tralee) Edward Howley Foley, of Ballyard House, Tralee, was the owner of over 1600 acres in county Kerry in...
74. Fosbery (Clorhane) A family originally from Wiltshire who settled in county Limerick at the end of the 17th century. T...
75. Hartnett (Castleisland) Edward Hartnett held substantial lands in the parishes of Ballincuslane and Castleisland at the time...
75. King (Iraghticonnor) At the time of Griffith's Valuation and in the 1870s, Dr. Nicholas King was leasing over 1200 acres...
75. Kittson Members of the Kittson family were leasing lands from the estate of Anthony Raymond in the parish of...
75. Magill Capt. James Magill is recorded as the owner of over 1200 acres in county Kerry in the 1870s. At the...
75. Neligan William John Neligan, a Tralee solicitor, acted as agent for several large estates in county Kerry....
75. O'Connor (Clanmaurice) In the 1830s, the Ordnance Survey Name Books record that Maj. .O.Connor, of Tralee, was leasing town...
75. O'Sullivan (West Cove) Over 400 acres of the estate of Eugene O'Sullivan of West Cove, was offered for sale in the Encumber...
75 Powell (County Kerry) John Powell was held property in the parishes of Ballymacelligott and Castleisland on long leases fr...
75. Stack Eyre Stack was the principal lessor in the parish of Ballyconry, barony of Iraghticonnor, at the tim...
75. Thompson (Trughanacmy) In the 1830s, the Ordnance Survey Field Name Books mention Peter Thompson as a sub-lessee of Sir Edw...
75. Butler (Waterville) The Waterville branch of the Butler family descended from Whitwell Butler who married into the Yield...
75. Chute It appears that this family owes its origins in county Kerry to George Chute, a soldier in the Engli...
75. Cronin (Park) The Cronins, descended from a Gaelic family, appear to have been settled in the Killarney area sinc...
75. Deane (Cork) James Deane of Cork owned 1750 acres in county Kerry and 2700 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. Ale...
75. Drew (Rockfield & Mocollop Castle) This family were a junior branch of the Drews of Drewscourt, county Cork and held land in counties W...
75. Duckett (Kenmare) Thomas and Richard Duckett were leasing property in Kenmare parish from Richard Orpen at the time of...
75. Quin/Wyndham-Quin Thady Quin (1645-1726) of Adare, county Limerick, had two sons from whom descend the Earls of Dunrav...
75. Fitzmaurice (Duagh) The estate of the representatives of Oliver Fitzmaurice amounted to over 2000 acres in county Kerry...
75 Hewson (Clanmaurice & Iraghticonnor) In the 1870s the estate of George Hewson, of Ennismore, Listowel, amounted to over 400 acres in coun...
75. Lombard Daniel Lombard of Temple St. Dublin was the owner of over 400 acres in Kerry and over 250 acres in C...
75. Mason (Kerry) At the time of Griffith’s Valuation, St. John Mason was one of the principal lessors in the parish o...
75. Bernard/Morrogh-Bernard According to Burke, Edward Murrough married Martha Bernard of the county Kerry family and their son...
75. O'Leary (Cork) In the mid 19th century Patrick O'Leary held land in the parish of Tullylease, barony of Orrery and...
75. Orpen (Glanarought) Burke describes the Orpen family as claiming great antiquity. They settled in Ireland after the Crom...
75. Paul Sir Robert Paul was the proprietor of over 800 acres in the parish of Listowel, county Kerry in the...
75. Yielding/Yeilding The Yielding family were established in county Limerick from the mid 18th century and lived at Belle...
60 Long (East Carbery) In 1666 Colonel Thomas Long was granted lands in counties Meath, Westmeath and in the barony of Carb...
61 Corker Family history sources suggest the Corkers were originally a Lancashire family. Thomas Corker purcha...
148 Bagot (Bagotstown, Ballyturin & Aghrane/Castlekelly) This family were first established at Bagotstown, county Limerick in the 13th century. They later he...
147 Chester In the 1870s Finlay Chester of Williamstown House, Castlebellingham, county Louth, owned 626 acres i...
62 Moloney (Kinalea) John Moloney was among the principal lessors in the parish of Ballinaboy, barony of Kinalea, at the...
57 Crofton (Co Cork) Hussey de Burgh notes Rev. H.W. Crofton as the owner of over 700 acres in county Cork in the 1870s w...
57 Galway/Galwey (Lota & West Cork) "Burke's Irish Family Records" traces the ancestry of this family back to their location in Kinsale,...
58 Meade (Cork) This family was related to the Meades, Earls of Clanwilliam. In 1787 the Reverend John Meade, Rector...
60 Pigott (Chetwynd & Knapton) A family originally from Shropshire, who settled in county Laois in the 16th century. Alexander Pig...
57 Gash At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Thomas Gash was among the principal lessors in the parish of Ki...
59 Coghlan Joseph Boyle Coghlan was among the principal lessors in the parish of Carrigaline at the time of Gri...
122 Falkiner Caleb Falkiner, a merchant of Cork, married Ruth, daughter of Edward Riggs and had a son, Riggs Falk...
60 O'Hea Members of the O'Hea family owned almost 500 acres in county Cork in the 1870s while the representat...
167 Jones (Raghly) John Gore Jones is recorded as the owner of over 650 acres in county Sligo in the 1870s. McTernan wr...
61 Wright (Co Cork) In 1666 Willliam Wright was granted 839 acres in the barony of East Carbery, county Cork. The estate...
60 McCarthy (Kilmacabea) Florence McCarthy held over 750 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. At the time of Griffith's Valuati...
61 Wilmot (County Cork) Edward S. Wilmot is recorded as holding over 650 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. His agent was Wi...
60 Murrogh /Murrough (Ross) Robert Morrough held over 800 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. He was among the principal lessors...
56 Fitzgerald (Castle Ishen) Burke indicates that this family assumed a baronetcy on the basis of their descent from the Fitzger...
172 Wayland In 1747 Jane daughter of Henry Wayland of Kilmore House, county Tipperary, married William Cooper of...
94 Anthony Gallwey notes that the Anthony family became associated with the properties at Carrigcastle and Seaf...
94 Hassard (Waterford) Mrs. Anne Hassard was the owner of over 300 acres in county Waterford in the 1870s as well as over 2...
62 Marmion Thomas Henry Marmion and Patience Marmion owned over 700 acres in the Skibbereen area of county Cork...
60 Sandys (Kinsale) John Young Sandys was among the principal lessors in the parish of Ringrone, baronies of Courceys an...
60 Starkey [Starkie] In 1878 Hussey de Burgh recorded William Starkie, Resident Magistrate, as the owner of over 600 acre...