An estate in the parishes of St Nicholas and Oranmore, barony of Galway, was owned by the Governors or Trustees of the Erasmus Smith Schools. Much of this estate was held by the Joyces of Mervue and the Lynches of Renmore. In the 1870s the estate amounted to 1585 acres.
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Smith & Burke, 23 Jan 1877, Vol 127, MRGS 39/057, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Maps and surveys of part of Renmore, Murrough and Roscam, surrendered by J.W. Lynch, M. Newell and M. Commins, to the Governors of Erasmus Smith's College, surveyed by M. Newell, 1891 & 1894. 21.F.76(34-36); National Library of Ireland
- Book of maps of the estates belonging to the Governors of the Erasmus Smith schools, 1713-1782. MS 32,505; National Library of Ireland
- T.U. Sadlier Collection of deeds, testamentary & miscellaneous documents re property of the Eyre family in Cos Galway & Cork & Limerick city, includes reference to the Hollow Blades Co, Hedges Eyre & the Governors of the Erasmus Schools, 17th-19th centuries. Small Accs. Index 72; National Archives of Ireland
- Records of the Trust's estates including rentals, maps, valuations, correspondence, land agents' letter books, Southern estate leases & property deeds, Western estate leases & property deeds, Irish Land Commission, circa 1670-1970; Erasmus Smith Trust Archives
- Copy Letters Patent, 3 Nov 1666. M.4838; National Archives of Ireland
- Joyce, Mackie & Lougheed, auctioneers' collection, includes account of R.D.G.J. Robinson with the Governors of the Erasmus Smith Schools for one year's rent and arrears of the Western estates, 1881. M.1461; National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 302
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Galway Union, 23
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''15th Annual Report of the Commissioners of Public Records Ireland,'' 1825. Vol XVI, Appendix I, Grants under Acts of Settlement: 101 & 199
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 149.