Landed Estates
NUI Galway

O'Reilly (Colmanstown)

The O'Reillys of Knock Abbey, county Louth were a branch of the O'Reilly family of East Brefny represented by the O'Reillys of Heath House, county Laois. They acquired property in county Galway in the 19th century and by the 1870s owned 4,088 acres in county Galway and 473 acres in county Louth. In the 1850s Myles W. O'Reilly held land in the parish of Clonkeen, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, some of which he leased to the Quakers in 1849 to set up a model farm centred on Colmanstown. He also held land in the parish of Dunmore, barony of Ballymoe. In the 1870s he is recorded as owning 4088 acres in county Galway and 473 in county Louth.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Colmanstown Colmanstown Clonkeen Loughrea Colmanstown 111 Tiaquin Galway OSI Ref: M598 384
OS Sheet: 72
Discovery map: 46