John Moloney was among the principal lessors in the parish of Ballinaboy, barony of Kinalea, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Frances Moloney was the proprietor of over 400 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. Over 700 acres of the estate of Frances Anderson,nee Molony, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in June 1877.
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Molony, 5 June 1877, Vol 128, MRGS 39/058, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Irish Tourist Association survey files, Parish of Ballinhassig [Ballnaboy House]; Cork County Library
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Kinalea Barony, 1 (Ballinaboy)
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 62
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: I, 109 (Ballinaboy)