An estate advertised for sale by the Rochforts in 1856 and bought by the Blakes of nearby Cregg Castle for a younger son, Rickard Blake. In the 1870s Richard Blake of Annaghdown owned 1,037 acres in the locality. Blake descendants continued to live at Annaghdown throughout the 20th century.
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 293
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 38
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 151
- WALFORD, Edward. 'The County families of the United Kingdom''. London: Chatto & Windus, 1885): p.94