General John Anderson bought the lands of Cross, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, from the sale of the O'Donel of Newport estate in the Encumbered Estates' Court in the early 1850s. Anne Anderson is later recorded as owning 772 acres in county Mayo (Cross East and West = 773 acres) and 89 acres in county Galway.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 153 & 159
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 293
Modern printed sources
- MULLOWNEY, Peter. ''The expansion and decline of the O'Donel estate Newport, Co Mayo, 1785-1852''. M.A. thesis, NUI, Maynooth, 2002: Appendix 2
- ''Cathair na Mart : Journal of the Westport Historical Society'': MCGINLEY, Michael. Mrs Anderson and the Schools at Leenane and Cross. XXVII (2009), 173-183