The estate of Edward Michael Davies at Moneyteigue in the barony of Dunkellin, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates court in April 1885. Martin Francis O'Flaherty was a trustee of the Davies estate. It had first been offered for sale in July 1875 and June 1872. Edward M. Davis was listed as the holder of almost 500 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. Local tradition indicates that there were evictions on this estate.
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Davies, 17 April 1885, Vol 148, MRGS 39/065, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Davies, 3 July 1875, Vol 120, MRGS 39/055, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Davies, 18 June1872, Vol 103, MRGS 39/049, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Jameson, solicitor's collection, includes an agreement for a loan & mortgage of lands of Monetregue, otherwise St Michaels, barony of Dunkellin, Co Galway, Martin Francis O'Flaherty to Michael Charles C. Burke, 1876 & 1881. Small Accs. Index 53, D.7004-7005; National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 151
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 295.
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Loughrea Union, 41.