Nicholas Donovan, of Denny St and Seafield, Tralee, was the owner of over 1200 acres in county Kerry in the 1870s. Richard Donovan was the proprietor of over 1200 acres and Patrick Donovan over 500 acres at the same time.
- Copy of grant of arms to Sir Henry Donovan of Tralee, 1874. Genealogical Office Ms 109, 307-308. ; National Library of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Corkaguiny Barony: 84 (Curraduff)
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 142
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 133
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 74.