The Thompsons of Clonskeagh Castle, county Dublin owned land in the parish of Kilgarvan, barony of Gallen, county Mayo and in counties Sligo, Meath and Dublin. The land in county Sligo was mostly centred on the baronies of Tireragh. In 1876 they owned 7390 acres in county Mayo, apparently a sporting estate at the foot of the Ox mountains and 820 acres in county Sligo.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 312 & 323
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Dromore West Union, Castleconnor Parish
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Sligo: Vol I, 203
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 443
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 168.