In the mid 19th century Thomas Richardson owned the Tiaquin estate in the parish of Monivea, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, previously part of the estate of the Burke family. Lane writes that Richardson was from Waringstown, county Down and that he paid £9,250 for the 2,654 acres he bought from the Burkes. In the 1870s the Richardsons owned over 2,500 acres in county Galway. Over 1,500 acres belonging to N. G. Richardson and others were vested in the Congested Districts' Board in December 1913.
- Papers of Messrs Johns, Elliott, Wallace & Co, solicitors of Belfast, include legal papers re trusts of Richardson family of Tiaquin, Co Galway. D/639/262-263; Public Record Office, Northern Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Loughrea Union, 85
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''24th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 8356], HC 1916, vi, 564-586. Appendix VIII: 47
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 149.
Modern printed sources
- ''Jnl. of the Galway Archaeological and Historical Society'': LANE, Pádraig G. Some Galway and Mayo landlords of the mid-nineteenth century. XLV (1993), 70-89