Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Richardson


Estate(s)

Name Description
Richardson In the mid 19th century Thomas Richardson owned the Tiaquin estate in the parish of Monivea, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, previously part of the estate of the Burke family. Lane writes that Richardson was from Waringstown, county Down and that he paid £9,250 for the 2,654 acres he bought from the Burkes. In the 1870s the Richardsons owned over 2,500 acres in county Galway. Over 1,500 acres belonging to N. G. Richardson and others were vested in the Congested Districts' Board in December 1913.
Burke (Tiaquin) The estate of 5,879 acres was in the parish of Monivea, barony of Tiaquin, county Mayo and was advertised for sale in 1851. Martin Francis O'Flaherty was the petitioner. Tiaquin house and demesne were bought by Thomas Richardson and Henry Hall bought the remainder of the estate.