The estate of 5,879 acres was in the parish of Monivea, barony of Tiaquin, county Mayo and was advertised for sale in 1851. Martin Francis O'Flaherty was the petitioner. Tiaquin house and demesne were bought by Thomas Richardson and Henry Hall bought the remainder of the estate.
- Encumbered Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Burke, 7 Oct 1851, Vol 11, MRGS 39/004, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Charles ffrench Blake Forster's genealogies include Burke of Tiaquin. MS 13,560; National Library of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol II, 388-389
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 382
- DUTTON, Hely. ''Statistical and agricultural survey of the county of Galway''. Dublin: Royal Dublin Society, 1824. : 415
- WILSON, William. ''The Post-Chaise Companion or Travellers Directory Through Ireland''. The author: Dublin, 1786 : 131 (Park)