Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Palmer

In March 1860, a fee-farm rental, the property of John Palmer, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. The same property was advertised for sale again in April 1860. These lands were situated in the barony of Clanmaurice. In 1865, over 700 acres at Tullig, barony of Clanmaurice, leased by Palmer to the Studdert estate, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. John Palmer, of Fortwilliam, Tralee, owned over 1400 acres in county Kerry in the 1870s. Robert S. Palmer was the owner of over 2000 acres at the same time. An offer was made by the Congested Districts Board on over 200 acres of the Palmer estate in 1914.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Bunow Mill Curraduff Kilgobban Tralee Kilgobban 159 Corkaguiny Kerry OSI Ref: Q701102
OS Sheet: 37
Discovery map: 71
Banemore House Banemore Kilfeighny Listowel Kilfeighny 108 Clanmaurice Kerry OSI Ref: Q950266
OS Sheet: 16
Discovery map: 71

Archival sources

  • Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Palmer, 2 March 1860, Vol 58, MRGS 39/029, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
  • Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Studdert, 4 July 1865, Vol 78, MRGS 39/038, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland

Contemporary printed sources

Modern printed sources