In the 1850s Mary Woodcock and George Stamfort/Stanford/Stainforth(?) held an estate comprised of five townlands in the parish of Annaghdown, barony of Clare, county Galway. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey these lands were in the possession of the Stauntons. The representatives of Woodcock and Stanford owned 2,049 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. This estate, the property of Mary Hall and others, was advertised for sale on 25 November 1879. The sale included lands at Ballyconree and Harbour Hill (793 acres), barony of Burren in county Clare, at Rathmore, parish of Kilbride, barony of Ballintober South, county Roscommon and premises in the town of Galway. Three lots were offered for sale again in February 1880 but only one, Muckrush, in the parish of Annaghdown, county Galway was sold. The purchaser was J. Byrne. Members of the Newell family were in possession of untenanted land at Woodpark in 1906.
- Land Judges’ Court Rentals (O'Brien), Hall, 25 Nov 1879, Vol 137 (33), MRGS 39/061, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Land Judges’ Court Rentals (Dunboyne), Hall & Others, 25 Nov 1879, Vol 19, 85-119; James Hardiman Library, National University of Ireland, Galway
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 482
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 300
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 313
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 149.
Modern printed sources
- ''Irish Times'': Land Judges Court sale reports, 18 February 1880, p.3