In the 1850s Miss Eliza Dowell held a townland in the each of the parishes of Kiltoom and Taghboy and 2 townlands in the parish of St Johns, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon, apparently from Patrick John Blake. Her estate amounted to approximately 1,500 acres. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey the proprietor of the land in the parish of Taghboy was Mr S. Dowell.
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Athlone Union, 104
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Roscommon: IV, 15
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 202
- TAYLOR, George & SKINNER, Andrew. ''Maps of the Roads of Ireland, surveyed in 1777 and corrected down to 1783''. Facsimile of 2nd edition. Shannon: Irish University Press, 1969: 242 (Doyle)
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 163
- WILSON, William. ''The Post-Chaise Companion or Travellers Directory Through Ireland''. The author: Dublin, 1786 : 126 (Gort)