The estate of the representatives of Oliver Fitzmaurice amounted to over 2000 acres in county Kerry in the 1870s. Rev. George Fitzmaurice was the proprietor of over 500 acres at the same time. Oliver Fitzmaurice was the lessor of several townlands in the parish of Duagh at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The Ordnance Survey Name Books indicate that Thomas O'Connor acted as agent for the Fitzmaurice estate. Lands at Duckspool, barony of Decies-without-Drum, county Waterford, the property of George Fitzmaurice, were sold in the Landed Estates Court in April 1876. Some of these were re-purchased by the owner while others were sold to John Nugent Humble. Over 100 acres if Reverend George Fitzmaurice's estate in the barony of Clanmaurice, county Kerry, were offered for sale in the Land Judges' Court in November 1890. The sale was adjourned due to lack of bidding.
- Pedigree of FitzMaurice of Cosfeale, county Kerry, c.1650-1770. Genealogical Office Ms.164, 116.; National Library of Ireland
- Pedigree of Fitzmaurice of Duagh, c.1600-1690. Genealogical Office Ms.161, 70. ; National Library of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 142
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 162
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Clanmaurice Barony: 38 (Duagh)
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol.I, 521: Duagh Parish
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 75.
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS County Kerry: Vol.II, 105 (Duagh Parish)
Modern printed sources
- Bary, Valerie. ''Historical Genealogical Architectural notes of some Houses of Kerry'' Whitegate, county Clare: Ballinakella Press, 1994. : 104 (Duagh)
- ''The Irish Genealogist'': LONGFORD, W.U. Desmond. The Fitzmaurices of Duagh, county Kerry. III, 1(July1956), 25-35, 2 (July 1957), 64-66, 3(1958), 116.
- ''The Genealogists' Magazine'': Notes on the Fitzmaurice family of Duagh, county Kerry (from a lecture by W.U. Desmond Longford). XII, 11(1957),
- MONTGOMERY-MASSINGBERD, Hugh (ed). ''Burke's Irish Family Records''. London: Burke's Peerage, 1976: 435-438.
- ''Irish Times'': Landed Estates Court Sale reports, 22 April 1876 p.3. Notice of forthcoming sale, 5 November 1890, p.3.