Eyre Stack was the principal lessor in the parish of Ballyconry, barony of Iraghticonnor, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He was also leasing a number of houses valued at between £2 and £4 to other members of the Stack family. In 1862, premised owned by Thomas Cooke Stack in the town of Tralee were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. The Irish Times reported that Mrs. Palmer was the purchaser. In the 1870s Maj. Gen. N.M. Stack was the proprietor of over 1200 acres in county Kerry. Over 200 acres of the estate of William Stack, Ballyhorgan, was vested in the Congested Districts Board in 1914.
- Copy of confirmation of arms to the descendents of Bishop Charles Maurice Stack of Stackstown and Crotta, 1948. Genealogical Office Ms.111g, 50. ; National Library of Ireland
- Pedigree of Stack of Errismore [?], county Kerry and Belgium, c.1460-1766. Genealogical Office Ms. 165, 31-35. ; National Library of Ireland
- Copy of confirmation of arms to descendents of John Hartnett Stacke of Listowel, 1924. Genealogical Office Ms. 111a, 55. ; National Library of Ireland
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Stack, 4 November 1862, Vol 66, MRGS 39/033, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Notes on alliances between the Stack family of Kerry & the Ferreter, O’Connell, Griffin & Quin families c 1650-1766. GO MS 87:195; National Library of Ireland
- Trant Papers, estate and family papers of the Trant family of Cos Kerry, Cork, Limerick & Tipperary, 1606-1911, includes references to this family. Collection List 14, MSS 31,554-31,645 & D 27,807-27,890 ; National Library of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Iraghticonnor Barony: 25 (Ballyconry)
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol.I 131 (Ballyconry Parish)
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 36 (Ballyconry)
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''24th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 8356], HC 1916, vi, 564-586. Appendix VIII: 49
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of names of proprietors and area and valuation of properties in counties in Ireland, held in fee or perpetuity or long leases at chief rents,'' 1876. (412) LXXX. 395: 75.
Modern printed sources
- Bary, Valerie. ''Historical Genealogical Architectural notes of some Houses of Kerry'' Whitegate, county Clare: Ballinakella Press, 1994. : 35-36(Ballyloughrane House)
- ''Irish Times'': 5 November 1862, p.4