In the mid 19th century Mrs Mary Abbot held two townlands in the parish of Burgesbeg, barony of Owney and Arra, county Tipperary. In the 1870s William Abbott of London owned 550 acres in county Tipperary. In January 1876 86 acres owned by William Abbott, heir-at-law of Charles J. Abbott, was sold in the Landed Estates Court. The purchaser was Edward Pine.
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 158
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 1
- WILSON, William. ''The Post-Chaise Companion or Travellers Directory Through Ireland''. The author: Dublin, 1786 : 370 (Rahanane)
Modern printed sources
- ''Irish Times'': Landed Estates Court sale reports, 19 January 1876, p.3