Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Abbott (Burgesbeg)


Estate(s)

Name Description
Abbott (Burgesbeg) In the mid 19th century Mrs Mary Abbot held two townlands in the parish of Burgesbeg, barony of Owney and Arra, county Tipperary. In the 1870s William Abbott of London owned 550 acres in county Tipperary. In January 1876 86 acres owned by William Abbott, heir-at-law of Charles J. Abbott, was sold in the Landed Estates Court. The purchaser was Edward Pine.