Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Coghlan/Coglane (Waterford)

W.C. Coghlan of Dromina owned almost 400 acres in county Waterford in the 1870s while J.D. Coghlan of Kilcop owned almost 300 acres. John Coghlan was one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Crooke and Kilcop, barony of Gaultiere, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Sadleir, referring to 1775, notes a "John Coghlan of Carricklea, a grand-nephew to old Richard Keily" and also Captain Henry Coghlan "of Ardoe, married to a Widow Lindsay....nephew of the late Rev.Henry Coghlan" who was High Sheriff of Waterford in 1776.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Ardoginna House Ardoginna Ardmore Youghal Ardmore Decies-within-Drum Waterford OSI Ref: X175767
OS Sheet: 40
Discovery map: 82
Dromina House Dromina Crooke Waterford Woodstown 94 Gaultiere Waterford OSI Ref: S697062
OS Sheet: 18
Discovery map: 76
Dromina Lodge Dromina Crooke Waterford Woodstown 94 Gaultiere Waterford OSI Ref: S702066
OS Sheet: 18
Discovery map: 76
Kilcop House Kilcop Upper Kilcop Waterford Wodstown 94 Gaultiere Waterford OSI Ref: S670070
OS Sheet: 18
Discovery map: 76

Contemporary printed sources

Modern printed sources