In 1675 the ffrenches bought the lands of Cummer and Drumgriffin in the barony of Clare which had been granted to the Legge family, later Earls of Dartmount, under the Acts of Settlement. Through his mother Elizabeth Nagle of county Cork, Robert J. Ffrench inherited some of the Nagle property in the barony of Fermoy, county Cork. In 1824 Robert Joseph French of Rahasane is described as a resident proprietor in county Galway but later in the 19th century the ffrench family of Rahasane became indebted to the Smyth family who later purchased large portions of the Rahasane estate, including those in the parish of Cummer.
- Accounts, correspondence & legal papers, 18th-19th century. LE7. ; James Hardiman Library, National University of Ireland, Galway
- Ffrench of Rahasane, family and estate papers, 1765-1897. GP4/; Galway County Council Archives
Contemporary printed sources
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 326.
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol II, 577.
- TAYLOR, George & SKINNER, Andrew. ''Maps of the Roads of Ireland, surveyed in 1777 and corrected down to 1783''. Facsimile of 2nd edition. Shannon: Irish University Press, 1969: 201.
- WILSON, William. ''The Post-Chaise Companion or Travellers Directory Through Ireland''. The author: Dublin, 1786 : 142 (Rahasane)
Modern printed sources
- GLIN, Knight of, GRIFFIN, D. J. & ROBINSON, N.K (eds).'' Vanishing Country Houses of Ireland''. Dublin: Irish Architectural Archive/Irish Georgian Society, 1989. : 78-79.
- BENCE-JONES, Mark. ''A Guide to Irish Country Houses''. Revised ed. London: Constable, 1988. : 301.
- MELVIN, Patrick. The Galway Tribes as Landowners and Gentry. In MORAN, Gerard (ed). ''Galway: History & Society''. Dublin: Geography Publications, 1996 : 319-374
- ''Jnl. of the Galway Archaeological and Historical Society'': BLAKE, Martin J. An Old Lynch Manuscript. Includes tabular pedigree of French of Rahasane. VIII (1913-1914), 207-224