In 1703 Abraham Greene of Ballynard, county Limerick, bought some of the forfeited estates of James II in the barony of Clanwilliam, county Limerick, including Ballymacreece and of James FitzGerald of Ballynard in the barony of Connello. The Greenes intermarried with the Blennerhassetts and the Massys. In 1770 Letitia Greene eldest daughter and co heiress of Abraham Greene of Ballymacreece married John Armstrong of Farney Castle and Mount Heaton. Letitia' sister Elizabeth married James Barry of Ballyclogh, county Cork.
- Pedigree of Greene of Ballymacreese, circa 1680-1820. GO MS 178:382; National Library of Ireland
- Papers re estates of Greeen family in Ballymacreese, Co Limerick & Co Fermanagh, 18th century. M.5555(1-5); National Archives of Ireland
- Deeds & other papers re properties of Waller family in Co Limerick, mainly 18th century, include reference to this family. Small Accs Index 78, Co. 2453-2464, D.11,802-11,980, M.1039-1049, T.3858-3873; National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''15th Annual Report of the Commissioners of Public Records Ireland,'' 1825. Vol XVI, Appendix III. Abstracts of the conveyances from the trustees of the Forfeited Estates and Interests in Ireland in 1688'.: 355 & 357
- TAYLOR, George & SKINNER, Andrew. ''Maps of the Roads of Ireland, surveyed in 1777 and corrected down to 1783''. Facsimile of 2nd edition. Shannon: Irish University Press, 1969: 184 (Ballymaorise)
- WILSON, William. ''The Post-Chaise Companion or Travellers Directory Through Ireland''. The author: Dublin, 1786 : 359 (Ballymacrise)