Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Lancaster

The Lancaster family were settled in the Ballinasloe locality from the late eighteenth century when Thomas Lancaster was recorded as resident at Lancaster, county Roscommon. Property situated in the town of Ballinasloe, barony of Clonmacnowen, owned by James and John Lancaster, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in November 1862. William Lancaster, of Fortwilliam House, Ballinasloe, owned over 600 acres in county Galway in the 1870s as well as over 400 acres in county Roscommon.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Fortwilliam Ardcarn Creagh Ballinasloe Creagh 21 Moycarn Roscommon OSI Ref: M883296
OS Sheet: 53, 54
Discovery map: 47
Ardcarn (Lancaster) Ardcarn Creagh Ballinasloe Creagh 21 Moycarn Roscommon OSI Ref: M882300
OS Sheet: 53
Discovery map: 47
Lancaster House or Lancaster Park Suckfield Creagh Ballinasloe Creagh 21 Moycarn Roscommon OSI Ref: M877299
OS Sheet: 53
Discovery map: 47