Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Morris (East Carbery)

In 1666 William Morris was granted almost a thousand acres in the barony of East and West Carbery and Captain William Morris was granted a additional lands in the barony of Carbery in August 1669. William Morris held townlands in the parish of Ross, barony of East Carbery, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Over 1100 acres of his property was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in June 1853. John Morris was among the lessors in the parish of Kilmacabea in 1851. Michael H[ungerford] Morris of Durrus owned 1,157 acres in county Cork in the 1870s.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Brook Ville (Kilmacabea) Corran South Kilmacabea Skibbereen Cloonkeen 318 East Carbery (West) Cork OSI Ref: W215411
OS Sheet: 133
Discovery map: 89
Connonagh House Gortroe Kilmacabea Skibbereen Cloonkeen 318 East Carbery (West) Cork OSI Ref: W243387
OS Sheet: 134
Discovery map: 89
Castle Salem Benduff Ross Clonakilty Ross Carbery 57 East Carbery (West) Cork OSI Ref: W268386
OS Sheet: 131
Discovery map: 89
Ballynagornagh House Barleyhill East Ross Clonakilty Ross Carbery 57 East Carbury (West) Cork OSI Ref: W258379
OS Sheet: 134
Discovery map: 89
Cellmount House Dromillihy Kilmacbea Skibbereen Knockskagh East Carbery (West) Cork OSI Ref: W241384
OS Sheet: 134
Discovery map: 89