Richard Burke was granted 1,943 acres in the Derrymaclaughna locality, barony of Clare, county Galway, by patent dated 16 Sept 1680.
- Pedigree of Burke families in Co Galway, including Burke of Castlehackett, Ower, Derrymaclaghny etc, 814-1911. GO MS 169: 175-229; National Library of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''15th Annual Report of the Commissioners of Public Records Ireland,'' 1825. Vol XVI, Appendix I, Grants under Acts of Settlement: 265
- TAYLOR, George & SKINNER, Andrew. ''Maps of the Roads of Ireland, surveyed in 1777 and corrected down to 1783''. Facsimile of 2nd edition. Shannon: Irish University Press, 1969: 211
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Galway, http://places.galwaylibrary.ie/default.html: Athenry Parish
- WILSON, William. ''The Post-Chaise Companion or Travellers Directory Through Ireland''. The author: Dublin, 1786 : 393 (Dermaclaughny)