Landed Estates
NUI Galway
Reference Source

PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. '' 18th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 4927] HC 1909, xvi. Appendix XXXII

Source Details

Category Contemporary printed sources

Estate Records Citing this Source

Found 77 estate records citing this source.

Reference Estate Name Estate Description
138 Nolan/ Ferrall (Lugboy) An estate comprised of nine townlands amounting to almost 1400 acres in the parish of Annagh, barony...
138 Walsh (Castlehill) In the late 1830s the Walshes inherited part of the Cormack estate in the parish of Crossmolina, bar...
137 McCausland Louisa Plunket was left an interest in her sister's Catherine's property at Cappaghduff, parish of B...
139 Madden At the time of Griffith's Valuation Daniel Madden held lands in the parishes of Doonfeeny, Kilbride,...
136 Rush Cuillaun, parish of Kilvine, barony of Clanmorris, county Mayo, was in the possession of Edward Rush...
136 Browne (Brownhall) An estate established in the mid 17th century by royal grants to Edward Browne. This family of Bro...
135 Comyn (Woodstock) From the mid 17th century the Comyn family were established at Kilcorney in county Clare. In 1796 L...
136 D'Arcy (Newforest) This branch of the D'Arcy family were descended from Martin D'Arcy, second son of James 'Riveagh' D'...
135 Tyrrell A Christopher Tirrel was granted over 750 acres in the barony of Ballintober, county Roscommon in 16...
135 Bourke (Curraghleagh & Rahasane) Isidore Bourke, a younger son of Joseph Bourke of Carrowkeel, county Mayo, had an estate in the pari...
135 & 139 Stoney James Butler Stoney and his son, Robert Vesey Stoney, built up a considerable estate in the Burrisho...
135 Strong The Reverend Leonard Strong, a church missionary, with an address in Torquay, Devon, England in 1876...
139 Rashleigh Jane Elizabeth Pugh only daughter and heir of Arthur Pugh of Lissadrone married in 1869 Jonathon Ras...
134 O'Reilly Dease Matthew O'Reilly Dease of Dunleer, county Louth, was Member of Parliament for that county from 1868...
135 Digby (Erris) In 1876 the Honourable Edward Henry Digby of Geashill, Tullamore, county Offaly, owned a sporting es...
139 Browne (Neale) A family established at The Neale, county Mayo, from the 16th century which they were regranted alon...
139 Mead At the time of Griffith's Valuation Joseph F. Mead had three townlands in the parish of Doonfeeny, b...
139 McCarrick/McCarrig At the time of Griffith's Valuation various members of the McCarrick family held townlands in the pa...
139 Bellingham An estate of 11,810 acres in the parish of Kilcommon, barony of Erris, county Mayo was advertised fo...
138 Smyth (Glencalry) In the 1870s William F. Smyth of Green Street, St Heliers, Jersey, owned 3136 acres in county Mayo....
134 Law Life Assurance Society At the time of Griffith's Valuation this company held two townlands in the parish of Kilgeever, baro...
135 & 138 Browne (Brownstown) A junior branch of the Brownes of The Neale and of Westport, county Mayo, who originally settled at...
137-138 Tuohy In the 19th century the Tuohys held lands from the Lynch Blosses and Moores of Moorehall in the pari...
137 & 141 Tighe (The Heath) Robert Tighe was a prosperous merchant of Ballinrobe, barony of Kilmainemore, county Mayo, in the mi...
137 Taaffe (Woodfield) Both the Woodfield and Killedan Taaffes were descended from James Taaffe of Greyfield, county Mayo a...
135 Browne (Kirkullen) At the time of Griffith's Valuation Michael D. Browne held one townland in the parish and barony of...
135 & 137 Mitchell (Toormakeady Lodge) The Plunkett estate in the parish of Ballyovey, barony of Carra, county Mayo, was bought by the Mitc...
135, 137 & 141 Bingham The Binghams were military commanders sent to Connacht in the 16th century, where they settled in th...
135 Dillon (Loughglynn) The Dillon family held a large estate on the border of counties Mayo and Roscommon. They were descen...
139 Bellingham An estate of 11,810 acres in the parish of Kilcommon, barony of Erris, county Mayo was advertised fo...
134 Thomson The Salrock/Salruck estate, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway, originally belonged to the Miller...
134 National Building and Land Investment Company of Ireland (Limited) This company bought the Port Royal estate of the Gildea family in the parish of Ballyovey, barony of...
139 Forde John Ross Forde of Rochester, Kent, England, held land in the parish of Doonfeeny, barony of Tirawle...
140 Ormsby Gore LordHarlech's estate held land in the baronies of Leyny, Tireragh and Tirerrill in county Sligo as w...
140 McHale Most Reverend John McHale, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Tuam, bought the townland of Bunnacurry [1,...
140 Fair (Creggagh) John Fair of Creggagh, parish of Toomore, barony of Gallen, county Mayo, was a merchant, who held th...
140 Carey In the mid 19th century the Carey family, merchants of Belmullet, held lands in the parish of Kilcom...
141 Staples The Staples family held some church lands in the parish of Kilmainemore, barony of Kilmaine, county...
142 Lynch Blosse A Galway family who lost most of their estates in that county under Cromwell but received extensive...
135 Irish Land Purchase and Settlement Company The Bodkin estate of Kilcloony was bought by the Irish Land Purchase and Settlement Company in 1884...
135 O'Flaherty (Knockbane) This branch of the O'Flaherty family of Renvyle had an estate in the parish and barony of Moycullen,...
137 Kelly (Boyounagh) A branch of the Kelly family held an estate in the parish of Boyounagh, barony of Ballymoe, county G...
137 O'Kelly (Creeraun) Teige Kelly was granted 191 acres in Creeraun, parish of Ballymacward, barony of Tiaquin, county Gal...
137 Fallon (Runnamoat) [In 1677 Edmund Fallon of Mote, county Roscommon was granted a small acreage in the barony of Tiaqui...
137 Leonard John Leonard of the Waterford family of that name, was granted over 600 acres in the barony of Kilco...
138 & 143 Balfe The Balfe family were settled at Heathfield in county Roscommon in the 18th century but had moved to...
139 & 141 Kirwan (Cregg) The Kirwans of Galway city were established at Cregg Castle in the parish of Annaghdown, barony of C...
139 (Allies) Wilberforce (Inishbofin) In 1854 Henry William Wilberforce, a brother of the Reverend Robert Wilberforce of Ballynakill paris...
141 O'Conor (Milltown/Milton) The O'Conors of Milltown, barony of Castlereagh, county Roscommon, share a common ancestry with the...
135 Fitzpatrick The Fitzpatricks were a family from Grantstown, county Laois. They were related to the Fitzpatricks...
139 Allies In the 1870s Cyril Allies bought the Inishbofin estate of Henry William Wilberforce in the barony of...
139 Crichton Sir Alexander Crichton of Seal Grove, Kent married Frances Dodwell in 1800. She was the heiress of E...
140 Longfield At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Longfield's estate was in the parishes of Athleague and...
141 Ellison Burke records that this family came to the west of Ireland in the mid 17th century from Newcastle on...
134. Blake (Rockfield) In 1855 Patrick Blake was in possession of the house and home estate at Rockfield consisting of buil...
137 Longworth John Longworth was the owner of property in the parish of Aughrim at the time of Griffith's Valuatio...
137 Wade (Kilcloony) Samuel Wade was leasing property from the Clancarty estate in the parish of Kilcloony, barony of Clo...
137. Armstrong (Chaffpool & Moyaliff) These Armstrongs are a junior branch of the Armstrong family of Mount Heaton, county Offaly and desc...
137. Hale The Hales had merchant interests in the town of Sligo but also held extensive landed property in Tir...
139 French /ffrench (Frenchpark) Patrick French fitzStephen of Galway is recorded as the earliest member of the family to be associat...
140 Murphy (Castlereagh) Burke's ''Landed Gentry of Ireland'' (1904) traces the descent of this family from William Murphy of...
142 Mulry At the beginning of the 20th century Thomas Mulry held an estate at Castlestrange, county Roscommon....
135 Waldron/Waldron Hamilton A Leicestershire family who settled at Cartron near Carrick-on-Shannon on the county Leitrim/Roscomm...
139 French (Cloonyquin) ''Burke's Irish Family Records'' states that Arthur French of Tyrone bought Cloonyquin from the Righ...
138 Foley (Kilrush) Peter Foley of Kilrush, county Clare, held over 700 acres in the parishes of Kilfenora, barony of Co...
138 Hussey (Corkaguiny) Members of the Hussey family held property in several parishes in the parish of Corkaguiny at the ti...
139 Rae Members of the Rae family, whose estate was centred on Keel House, Castlemaine, held over 5000 acres...
139 Butler (Waterville) The Waterville branch of the Butler family descended from Whitwell Butler who married into the Yield...
139 Sandes/Collis-Sandes Maurice Sandes was one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Brosna, Ratass and Tralee, barony...
139 Hartopp Edward Bourchier Hartopp of Dalby House, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, was the grandson of Edward...
141 Winn The Winns were originally a Yorkshire family. Their main seat was at Nostell Priory, near Wakefield....
141 Boyle (Earl of Cork and Orrery) Richard Boyle was created 1st Earl of Cork in the 1620s. The Earl of Cork’s main estates were in cou...
141 Lynch (Petersburg) This family settled at Ballynonagh Castle on the shore of Lough Mask, barony of Ross, county Galway,...