Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Hale

The Hales had merchant interests in the town of Sligo but also held extensive landed property in Tireragh barony. McTernan states that this was by virtue of the purchase by Peter Hale of Irwin property in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1855. In 1906, Peter's grandson, James H. Hale was recorded as the occupier of property at Killeenduff townland including a mansion house. In October 1906 over 700 acres of the Hale estate was vested in the Congested Districts Board.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Temple View Killeenduff Easky Dromore West Easky Tireragh Sligo OSI Ref: G391373
OS Sheet: 11
Discovery map: 25