Landed Estates
NUI Galway
Reference Source

BLAKE, Tarquin. ''Abandoned mansions of Ireland II: more portraits of forgotten stately homes'' Cork: Collins Press, 2012.

Source Details

Category Modern printed sources

Estate Records Citing this Source

Found 28 estate records citing this source.

Reference Estate Name Estate Description
16-23 FitzGibbon The FitzGibbon family were established at Ballysheedy, county Limerick, from the mid 18th century....
16-23 Nevins (Mount Shannon) Various newspaper reports of the death of Thomas Nevins record that he was the purchaser of Mount Sh...
30-37 (Convamore) Hare (Listowel) The Hare family had come to Ireland after the Cromwellian settlement and acquired property initiall...
38-45 (Lohort Castle) Perceval In 1666 and 1668 Sir Philip Percevall was granted large estates in county Cork and over 1,000 acres...
90-95 (Brooklodge) French (Brooklodge) At least two generations of Frenches, a junior branch of the Frenches of Tyrone, lived on the Brookl...
90-95 (Brooklodge) Blake (Ballyglunin) In ''Blake Family Records'' Martin J. Blake states that Martin Blake of Cummer, county Galway, purch...
96-103 Trench (Clonfert) John E. Trench was a significant landowner in the parish of Ballymacward, barony of Kilconnell and t...
104-115 (Woodlawn) Trench (Woodlawn) The Trench family at Woodlawn were one of a number of Trench families who came to prominence in coun...
116-121 (Flesk Castle) Coltsmann The Coltsmann estate originated with John Coltsmann, an English merchant who came to Ireland in the...
116-121 (Flesk Castle) Cronin (Park) The Cronins, descended from a Gaelic family, appear to have been settled in the Killarney area sinc...
124-131 Lawlor Denis Lawlor was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Knockane, barony of Dunkerron North,...
152-159 (Castle Park) Ormsby (Athlacca) This Ormsby family share a common ancestry with the Ormsbys of Tobervaddy, county Roscommon. In 166...
152-159 (Castle Park) Delmege The French "Palatine" family of Delmege or Dolmage were settled at Rathkeale in county Limerick in t...
160-165 (Elm Hill) Studdert (Elm Hill) Maurice Studdert of Elm Hill, Rathkeale, county Limerick, was the fourth son of the Reverend George...
172-177 (Cranmore) Lambert (Brookhill) The Lamberts of county Mayo were descended from the county Galway family located at Cregclare and Ag...
172-177 (Cranmore) Knox (Castle Lackan) The Knoxes of Castle Lackan, parish of Killala, barony of Tirawley and later of Creagh, parish of Ba...
178-185 (Summerhill) Palmer (Summerhill) In 1741 James O'Hara, 2nd Baron Tyrawley, leased an estate in the parish of Templemurry, barony of T...
226-233 (Claremont) ffrench (Claremont) Gonville ffrench was a younger brother of the 3rd Baron ffrench of Castle ffrench, county Galway. H...
234-239 (Mount Plunkett) Plunkett (Mountplunkett) The Plunketts were a Catholic family residing at Mountplunkett from the 18th century. Christopher Ge...
234-239 (Mount Plunkett) Grehan Patrick Grehan had a lease of the Mountplunkett estate, parish of Killinvoy, barony of Athlone, coun...
240-247 (Elsinore) Cooper (Markree) Edward Cooper was a soldier in Richard Coote [Lord Collooney]'s, regiment of horse. He is known in...
240-247 (Elsinore) Middleton (Sligo) In the 1870s William Middleton, of Wine Street, Sligo, owned over 1600 acres in the county. In 1906...
248-255 (Longford House) Crofton (Sligo) The Croftons acquired land in the 17th century from the McSweeneys which had previously been part of...
256-261 (Richmond House) Gason The Gason family, reputed to have been originally from Kent, settled in county Tipperary in the mid...
262-267. Hutchinson (Timoney) In 1681 James Hutchinson of county Tipperary, son of a Cromwellian soldier, married Jane Bennet and...
284-291 (Ballysaggartmore) Usher/Ussher (Cappagh & Camphire, Co Waterford) Beverly Usher was granted 1,295 acres in the barony of Imokilly, county Cork in 1667. Sadleir refer...
292-297 (Cherry Mount) Fisher (West Carbery, Youghal & Woodmount) Rev. William A. Fisher, incumbrant of Kilmoe, West Carbery, owned over 250 acres in county Cork as w...
292-297 (Cherry Mount) Thackwell The former Roche estate at Aghada came into the possession of the Thackwell family in the second hal...