Descended from the Kellys of Athleague, county Roscommon.
|Nugent (Pallas)||In 1677 Thomas Nugent was granted an estate of 3,250 acres in the baronies of Leitrim and Longford, county Galway, including Pallace. In 1824 Lord Riverston and Arthur Nugent of Flower Hill are described as resident proprietors in county Galway. Property at Pallas and Spring Garden were occupied by Anthony F. Nugent at the time of Griffith's Valuation. This branch of the Nugent family was related to the Earls of Westmeath and that title passed to them in the 1870s. As Earl of Westmeath, Anthony F. Nugent owned over 14,000 acres in county Galway in the 1870s as well as property in county Roscommon in the parish of Ogulla, barony of Roscommon. Michael Nugent, with an address in Brussels, owned over 900 acres at the same time. Following the 1903 Land Act the Nugent estate in the baronies of Leitrim and Longford was sold to the tenants. In 1906 the Hon. Richard A. Nugent held over 200 acres of untenanted demesne land at Rockfield, Greethill, Athenry as well as the mansion house there valued at £27. The Earl of Westmeath owned about 1200 acres of untenanted land at Pallas in 1906. 1,133 acres of the county Roscommon estate of Lord Westmeath was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 14 Oct 1908. In 1912 the Earl of Westmeath accepted an offer on over 6000 acres of his Galway estate from the Congested Districts Board.|
|Kelly (Turrock)||This family of Kellys had an estate in the parishes of Taghboy and Cam, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon from at least the mid 18th century. In 1828 William Kelly of Turrock was a member of the Grand Panel of county Roscommon. In the 1830s William D. Kelly was the proprietor and William Kelly held 5 townlands in the parishes at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1871 the estate of William Daniel Kelly in counties Roscommon, Galway and Dublin was advertised for sale. Almost all his estate of 4780 acres was in the county Roscommon baronies of Athlone and Moycarn.|
|Drought||In the mid 19th century Captain George Warburton Drought owned a small estate centred on the house Cargins Park in the parish of Ogulla, barony and county of Roscommon, bought from the Kellys of Cargins. He was a member of the Drought family of Glencarrig, county Wicklow. In the 1870s the Drought estate amounted to 788 acres in the county. Over 550 acres of the estate were purchased by the Congested Districts' Board in January 1914.|
|Toler (Bloomfield)||In the mid 19th century the Reverend Peter Toler held lands in the parishes of Kilcooley and Killukin, barony and county of Roscommon. He was the son of the Reverend John Toler, rector of Kentstown, county Meath and in 1835 he married Mary Anne Aylward of Shankill Castle, county Kilkenny. Their son succeeded to the Aylward estate following the death of his uncle in 1884. Their daughter married in 1869 Robert Devenish of Cloonfinlough House. In 1876 the Reverend Peter Toler was recorded as owning 218 acres in county Roscommon. Hector C. Toler Aylward owned 110 acres of untenanted land at Bloomfield in 1906.|
|Kelly (Cargins)||Ignatius Kelly, son of Edmund Kelly of Castleruby, was residing at Carrigens at the time of the Census of Elphin in 1749. The Kellys of Cargins owned an estate in the parishes of Ogulla and Kilcooley, barony of Roscommon and Kiltullagh, barony of Castlereagh, county Roscommon in the 18th and 19th centuries. The male line died out following the death of Daniel Kelly circa 1852. His sister Jane was married to William Kelly of Turrock and his daughter Jane was married to John Talbot D'Arcy. His grandmother was also a Kelly of Turrrock. In May 1852 the estate of Daniel Kelly amounting to over 3,700 acres was advertised for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court. Cargins was bought by Captain Drought and other purchasers included Anthony F. Nugent, Edward Senior and the Reverend Peter Toler. One lot was readvertised in 1853 Almost 200 acres owned by Francis Kelly in the parish of Kiltullagh, barony of Castlrea, was sold in the Landed Estates Court in January, 1866. Mr. McDonnell was the purchaser.|
|D'Arcy (Castlepark)||Major John Talbot D'Arcy of Castlepark, Ballinasloe, county Roscommon, owned 1961 acres in county Roscommon in the 1870s. Castlepark was formerly a Kelly house. Castlepark and 1,114 acres in the barony of Moycarn with the lands of Turrock in the barony of Athlone were advertised for sale by John D'Arcy in 1878. John Talbot D'Arcy was a son of John D'Arcy of Clifden and Kiltullagh and a younger brother of the Reverend Hyacinth D'Arcy. In 1846 John Talbot D'Arcy married Jane daughter and co heiress of Daniel Kelly of Cargins, county Roscommon.|