This family of Kellys had an estate in the parishes of Taghboy and Cam, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon from at least the mid 18th century. In 1828 William Kelly of Turrock was a member of the Grand Panel of county Roscommon. In the 1830s William D. Kelly was the proprietor and William Kelly held 5 townlands in the parishes at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1871 the estate of William Daniel Kelly in counties Roscommon, Galway and Dublin was advertised for sale. Almost all his estate of 4780 acres was in the county Roscommon baronies of Athlone and Moycarn.
- Landed Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Kelly, 2 June 1871, Vol 102, MRGS 39/048, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: II, 585
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Roscommon: IV, 77
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 382
- WELD, Isaac. ''Statistical Survey of the county of Roscommon''. Dublin: Royal Dublin Society, 1832. : 651.
- LEGG, Marie Louise (ed). ''Census of Elphin 1749''. Dublin: Irish Manuscripts Commission, 2004: 213
Modern printed sources
- KELLY, Joseph M. ''(O) Kelly People and Places''. Whitegate: Ballinakella Press, 2003: 73, 84
- TISRARA HERITAGE SOCIETY. ''A History of Tisrara''. Tisrara Heritage Society, 1997: HEALY, Eileen. The O'Kelly of Turrock. 25-26