Landed Estates
NUI Galway

O'Dowd (Tully)

In 1881 Patrick O'Dowd bought the lands of Fallduff, parish of Kilgeever, barony of Murrisk, county Mayo, from the Marquess of Sligo and in the mid 1880s they came to an agreement over the Garvey estate at Tully, which was mortgaged to the Marquess. The O'Dowds sold the estate to the Land Commission under the 1923 Land Act. They retained Tully Lodge and fishing rights on the Bunowen and Carrowniskey rivers.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Tully Lodge [Murrisk] Tully Kilgeever Westport Louisburgh 143 Murrisk Mayo OSI Ref: L821 781
OS Sheet: 86
Discovery map: 37
Old Head Lodge/Falduff Lodge Falduff Kilgeever Westport Louisburgh Murrisk Mayo OSI Ref: L837819
OS Sheet: 86
Discovery map: 37