Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Nash

The Nash family acquired lands on renewable leases for ever from Sir Arthur Shaen in the barony of Erris in the early 18th century. In 1752 Bishop Pococke spent a night with the Nashs on their farm near the old ruined castle of Cloontakilly in the parish of Kilcommon, Bangor Erris locality. In the 19th century they were settled on the Belmullet peninsular at Carn in the parish of Kilmore. In 1846 Elizabeth Elinor Nash, only child and heiress of Arthur Nash, married Denis Bingham of Bingham's Castle. In 1853, in the Encumbered Estates' Court, she sold the lands of Inver, Emlaghbeg and Carn [Nash] to John Reilly.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Carn Carn (Nash) Kilmore Belmullet Binghamstown North 48 Erris Mayo OSI Ref: F681 333
OS Sheet: 9
Discovery map: 22
Leam Leam Kilmore Belmullet Erris Mayo OSI Ref: F645 265
OS Sheet: 16
Discovery map: 22