William Black Lougheed purchased the Fenton estate at Dromore West in the later 19th century. He is also recorded as the owner of land in county Leitrim in the 1870s. A William Browne Lougheed is listed as the occupier of property in Dromore townland, barony of Tireragh, in 1906, including the mansion house. The family also held property in the barony of Tirerrill and leased Rockbrook from the Martin estate.
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 279
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 305, 322
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 390.