Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Rockbrook

Estate(s)
Townland Rockbrook
Civil Parish Ballynakill
PLU Sligo
DED Drumcolumb 50
County Sligo
Barony Tirerrill
Description Rockbrook was originally a Phibbs property. It later came into the possession of Abraham Martin of Cleveragh who leased it to the Cogan family and later to the Lougheed estate. It was occupied by John Lougheed at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £3. Johnston states that the estate was divided by the Land Commission in the 1920s and that the house was sold by Mrs. Lougheed in 1938. It burnt down in 1945 and only the ruins remain today.

Property Location