Landed Estates
NUI Galway
Reference Source

LANE, Pádraig. The Encumbered Estates Court and Galway Land Ownership, 1849-58. In MORAN, Gerard (ed). ''History & Society''. Dublin: Geography Publications, 1996

Source Details

Category Modern printed sources

Estate Records Citing this Source

Found 16 estate records citing this source.

Reference Estate Name Estate Description
395-419 Blake (Doonmacreena & Oranmore) This branch of the Blake family, descended from the Blakes of Ballyglunin, county Galway, was settle...
395-419 Kirwan (Dalgan) This junior branch of the Kirwans of Cregg Castle, county Galway, were merchants in the city of Galw...
395-419 Reilly (Glennamaddy) Patrick Reilly held 3 townlands in the parish of Boyounagh, barony of Ballymoe, county Galway, in th...
395-419 Meldon James Dillon Meldon, a Dublin lawyer, bought part of the Glencorrib estate of Arthur Dillon Browne,...
395-419 Hodgson The Hodgson family came to Ireland from Whitehaven in Cumberland, England and were mine owners in Av...
395-419 St. George (Tyrone House) The St.George estate was centred on the house at Tyrone, parish of Drumacoo, barony of Dunkellin, bu...
395-419 Eyre/Hedges Eyre (Galway) Richard Hedges Eyre of Macroom Castle and Mount Hedges, county Cork, married Frances Browne, daughte...
395-419 Gregory The Coole estate was purchased by Robert Gregory from the Martyns of Tullira in 1768 on his return f...
395-419 McDonnell (Dunmore) Martin McDonnell was a merchant from Roscommon who prospered significantly in the mid 19th century....
395-419 O'Kelly (Creeraun) Teige Kelly was granted 191 acres in Creeraun, parish of Ballymacward, barony of Tiaquin, county Gal...
395-419 Lattey A document in a Galway solicitors' collection records Arthur Pittar Lattey and Robert John Lattey, b...
395-419 Rochfort The Rochfort family were established at Clogrenan, parish of Cloydagh, county Carlow, from the early...
395-419 Hall (Knockbrack) The Halls were an English family who settled in the north of Ireland at Narrow Water, county Down, i...
395-419 Bodkin (Castletown & Mountsilk) From the 17th century the Bodkins were established in the parish of Moylough, barony of Tiaquin, cou...
395-419 Smyth (New Park) In 1808 Ralph Smyth of Barbaville, Collinstown, county Westmeath, married Eliza daughter and heiress...
395-419 Campbell Lord Campbell gained possession of the Moycullen and West Barna estates of Andrew Henry Lynch in the...