||Originally the home of the Taylor family, Wilson refers to Noan as the seat of Godrey Taylor in 1786. It was occupied by Natt. Taylor in 1814 and recorded by Lewis as the seat of the Taylor family. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to Mary Phelps as the proprietor of Noan House. By the mid 19th century it was occupied by the representatives of John Bagwell and held in fee. The buildings were valued at almost £30. The sale rental of 1853 records James Chadwick as tenant on a seven year lease. A lithograph of the house is included. Occupied by Dr Armitage in the 1870s who owned over 2,000 acres in the county. It is still extant and occupied.