In March 1858 William, Simon and John Armstrong offered for sale the lands of Kilbracken, barony of Carrigallen. The property was held under a lease, dated 1740, between Richard Morgan and William Armstrong. This lease was renewed in 1810, this time between John Godley of Killegar and Simon Armstrong. Mrs. Elizabeth Browne, nee Armstrong, with this address, is listed as owner of lands in Leitrim in 1876. The house at Kilbracken was leased by her to Wm. Murray Hickson in 1856. The Browne estate also held land in the parish of Drumreilly, barony of Mohill.
It would appear that this estate was also connected with the Jones family since John George Jones (Jones of Headfort family) is described as "of Kilbracken".