In March 1858 William, Simon and John Armstrong offered for sale the lands of Kilbracken, barony of Carrigallen. The property was held under a lease, dated 1740, between Richard Morgan and William Armstrong. This lease was renewed in 1810, this time between John Godley of Killegar and Simon Armstrong. Mrs. Elizabeth Browne, nee Armstrong, with this address, is listed as owner of lands in Leitrim in 1876. The house at Kilbracken was leased by her to Wm. Murray Hickson in 1856. The Browne estate also held land in the parish of Drumreilly, barony of Mohill. It would appear that this estate was also connected with the Jones family since John George Jones (Jones of Headfort family) is described as "of Kilbracken".
- Encumbered Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Armstrong, 26 March 1858, Vol 50 MRGS 39/024, (microfilm copy in NUIG; National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 56
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Mohill Union, 16.
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 227
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 303
Modern printed sources
- BURKE, Sir Bernard. ''A genealogical and heraldic history of the Landed Gentry of Ireland''. London: Harrison & Sons, 1912: 355 (Jones)
- ''The Irish Genealogist'': Abstracts of Wills (from the Swanzy Collection), II (1943-1955), 52-60