Landed Estates
NUI Galway

O'Sullivan Beare

In the mid 1870s Herbert Baldwin O'Sullivan is recorded as the owner of 2,410 acres in county Cork. The return of landowners of one acre (1876) gives his address as Carrigphooka, Macroom while Hussey de Burgh records it as Clohina House, Macroom. He was married to Kathleen Mary Hennessy of Ballindeasig and in 1913 this couple inherited the Hennessy property. http://www.kenefick.com/Kenifecks_of_Ballindeasig_House.pdf. An advertisement in the Irish Times in August 1889 indicates that he would be offering over 2300 acres of his estate in the barony of West Muskerry for sale in the Land Judges' Court in November of that year. The petitioner to the sale included the RC Bishop, William Delaney.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Carrigaphooca House Carrigaphooca Clondrohid Macroom Kilnamartery 223 West Muskerry Cork OSI Ref: W288 738
OS Sheet: 70
Discovery map: 79
Gortanimill House Gortanimill Kilnamart Macroom Derryfineen 230 West Muskerry Cork OSI Ref: W205 743
OS Sheet: 69
Discovery map: 79
Ballindeasig Ballindeasig Ballyfoyle Kinsale Ballyfoyle 190 Kinalea Cork OSI Ref: W735 535
OS Sheet: 113
Discovery map: 87