Landed Estates
NUI Galway

O'Sullivan Beare


Estate(s)

Name Description
O'Sullivan Beare In the mid 1870s Herbert Baldwin O'Sullivan is recorded as the owner of 2,410 acres in county Cork. The return of landowners of one acre (1876) gives his address as Carrigphooka, Macroom while Hussey de Burgh records it as Clohina House, Macroom. He was married to Kathleen Mary Hennessy of Ballindeasig and in 1913 this couple inherited the Hennessy property. http://www.kenefick.com/Kenifecks_of_Ballindeasig_House.pdf. An advertisement in the Irish Times in August 1889 indicates that he would be offering over 2300 acres of his estate in the barony of West Muskerry for sale in the Land Judges' Court in November of that year. The petitioner to the sale included the RC Bishop, William Delaney.