Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Ballindeasig

Estate(s)
Townland Ballindeasig
Civil Parish Ballyfoyle
PLU Kinsale
DED Ballyfoyle 190
County Cork
Barony Kinalea
Description Substanial buildings are marked at the site of Ballindeasig House on the first Ordnance Survey map and at the time of Griffith's Valuation the house valued at £18 was occupied and held by Richard Kenefick in fee. Ballindeasig was conveyed to John C. Hennessy by Richard Kenefick in 1853. It was the home of Michael Hennessy in the late 19th century and was left by Miss Minnie Hennessy to Bishop Cohalan of Cork in 1937. The house was then converted into a holiday home for the Sisters of Mercy Order. Now known as Tabor Lodge it is a centre for the treatment of substance abuse. see www.taborlodge.ie/
Tabor Lodge/Ballindeasig (www.taborlodge.ie/)

Property Location