Another branch of the Lindsey family, originally of Garrankeel, near Ballina, county Mayo, lived at Wilfort near Tuam, county Galway in the early 19th century and held part of the townland of Killaloonty from the Bishop of Tuam. Their interest in this property of 443 acres was advertised for sale in 1861 and was bought by Thomas Tighe, who resold the townland in 1876. The Lindseys also held two townlands in the parish of Attymas, barony of Gallen, county Mayo, on a renewable lease for three lives for ever from Henry Bingham, dated 5 Dec 1741. Richard Chaloner Lindsey sold his interest in this property in the Encumbered Estates' Court in April 1857.
- Encumbered Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Lindsey, 24 Apr 1857, Vol 42, MRGS 39/021, (microfilm copy in NUIG) ; National Archives of Ireland
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Lindsay, 7 Nov 1861, Vol 63, MRGS 39/032, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Tighe, 6 July 1876, Vol 125, MRGS 39/056, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
Modern printed sources
- BURKE, Sir Bernard. ''A genealogical and heraldic history of the Landed Gentry of Ireland''. London: Harrison & Sons, 1904: 88-89 (Chaloner)
- ''Irish Times'': 8 November 1861, p.4