The Lindseys of Wilfort, near Tuam, Co Galway were a junior branch of the Lindseys of Turin and Hollymount, barony of Kilmaine, Co Mayo, with descent from Robert Lindsey, a younger brother of Thomas Lindsey of Turin. Robert's grandson William Lindsey of Wilfort, married Francis M Chaloner of King's Fort, Co Meath.
|Lindsey (Wilfort)||Another branch of the Lindsey family, originally of Garrankeel, near Ballina, county Mayo, lived at Wilfort near Tuam, county Galway in the early 19th century and held part of the townland of Killaloonty from the Bishop of Tuam. Their interest in this property of 443 acres was advertised for sale in 1861 and was bought by Thomas Tighe, who resold the townland in 1876. The Lindseys also held two townlands in the parish of Attymas, barony of Gallen, county Mayo, on a renewable lease for three lives for ever from Henry Bingham, dated 5 Dec 1741. Richard Chaloner Lindsey sold his interest in this property in the Encumbered Estates' Court in April 1857.|
|Lindsey Bucknall||The Lindseys were well established in north Mayo at the beginning of the 18th century. On 14 Dec 1705 Samuel Lindsey of Belleek and Robert Lindsey, a merchant of Sligo, bought 2 quarters of Rathoma, parish of Ballysakerry, from the trustees for the sale of part of the estate of Charles Boyle, 3rd Earl of Cork and 2nd Earl of Burlington. The Lindseys came to Turin in the early 18th century and Turin remained their property until the mid 19th century, although they appear to have been largely absentee landlords. In 1749 the Reverend Samuel Lindsey of Turin married Frances Bucknall and their grandson John Lindsey took the additional surname of Bucknall. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Lindsey Bucknalls still held 2 townlands in the parish of Kilmainemore. Sir Thomas Staples was in possession of Turin by the time of Griffith's Valuation and was leasing it to the Rutherford family.|