The Kellys were living at Tully, parish of Kilmore, barony of Ballintober South, county Roscommon, in the first half of the 19th century. Christopher Kelly advertised for sale over 300 acres in the parish in April 1850. By the time of Griffith's Valuation these lands were in the possession of Christopher Lawder. Richard Kelly still held some land in the parish in the 1850s.
- Encumbered Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Kelly, 19 Apr 1850, Vol 1, MRGS 39/001, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol II, 186
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Roscommon: Vol II, 364 & 370