At the time of Griffith's Valuation George Bartley, also spelt Bartlett, held the townlands of Rostoohy and Cushalogurt, parish of Kilmeena, barony of Burrishoole, and Glencalry Upper and Glenagh, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo. John Knox of Castlereagh was the proprietor of these townlands at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. In 1876 George Bartley of London owned 216 acres in county Mayo.
- Solicitors' Papers, conveyances of Glenagh, Encumbered Estates' Commissioners to Bartley 1854 and Bartley to William F.Smith 1857. Small Accs. Index 30 Bundles 24/703 & 15/450; National Archives of Ireland