Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Bartley


Estate(s)

Name Description
Bartley At the time of Griffith's Valuation George Bartley, also spelt Bartlett, held the townlands of Rostoohy and Cushalogurt, parish of Kilmeena, barony of Burrishoole, and Glencalry Upper and Glenagh, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo. John Knox of Castlereagh was the proprietor of these townlands at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. In 1876 George Bartley of London owned 216 acres in county Mayo.
Smyth (Glencalry) In the 1870s William F. Smyth of Green Street, St Heliers, Jersey, owned 3136 acres in county Mayo. In 1906 he still owned some untenanted land at Glencalry Upper in the parish of Doonfeeny, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo. Most of his estate was sold to the Congested Districts' Board on 17 May 1906.