In 1856 Thomas Blackstock was leasing properties in various parishes in the barony of Longford, county Galway. He in turn was the lessor of houses and over 360 acres in the parish of Kiltormer to Joseph Hardy. In 1858 Thomas Blackstock bought just over 400 acres at Aughrim, straddling the three baronies of Kilconnell, Clonmacnowen and Leitrim for £1,805 from William Phibbs Knott and his wife Ruth, orginally part of the Handy estate. This property was inherited by Mary Elizabeth Johnston, daughter of Thomas Blackstock. O'Gorman notes that Blackstock also acted as agent for John Pelly Geoghegan's estates in the parish of Fohenagh.
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Ballinasloe Union, 112 (Attikee) and 114 (Kill).